Gujarat to go for polls on December 11, Himachal on November 14November 14th, 2007 - 2:00 am ICT by admin
Counting of votes for the 182-member Gujarat assembly will take place on December 23, he added.
The Electoral process for the 68-member Himachal Pradesh would begin from October 20, and voting will take place on November 14 and December 19 and counting will take place on December 28, Gopalswami said.
Congress State unit president Bharat Solanki was demanding one-day election in the state.
“The two-phased polls will give chance to large ‘worker force’ of ruling BJP to carry out bogus voting,” Solanki had said.
The Bharatiya Janata Party managed to win 127 seats, while the Congress party was able to win only 51 seats in the 2002 Gujarat assembly polls. The Janata Dal (United) and independents won two seats each. (ANI)
- AGP unhappy with Assam poll schedule, Congress welcomes it - Mar 02, 2011
- Bihar polls: Notification for first-phase issued - Sep 27, 2010
- Bihar poll exercise set to begin today - Sep 27, 2010
- Bihar poll exercise set to begin on Monday - Sep 26, 2010
- Manmohan Singh to campaign in Bihar today - Oct 16, 2010
- Poll panel begins groundwork for polls in five states - Sep 04, 2012
- Bihar polls: Notification for fifth phase issued - Oct 15, 2010
- Jayalalithaa confident of AIADMK victory in civic polls - Oct 17, 2011
- Campaign for second phase of Bihar polls to end today - Oct 23, 2010
- Rabri Devi to contest from two seats in Bihar polls - Oct 04, 2010
- Bihar polls notification for second-phase issued - Sep 29, 2010
- Bihar goes to polls tomorrow - Oct 20, 2010
- Bihar polls: Notification for fourth phase issued - Oct 07, 2010
- Brisk ballotting in UP polls (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh set to vote amid hung house prediction - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: 19 and counting, assembly polls, bharat, bharatiya janata party, bjp, congress party, electoral process, gujarat state, himachal pradesh, independents, november 14, november 15, state assembly, state electorate