Gujarat Minister Mayaben Kodnani surrendersMarch 27th, 2009 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad/New Delhi, Mar 27 (ANI): Gujarat Women Development and Child Welfare Minister Mayaben Kodnani, who was forced to resign from the State Ministry as the High Court cancelled the anticipatory bail granted to her, on Friday surrendered.
Kodnani surrendered at the Supreme Court constituted Special Investigation Team’s office (SIT).
Kodnani, a three-time MLA from the Naroda constituency, is an accused in the Naroda Gam and Naroda Patiya massacre cases in which around 95 people were killed in the communal violence of 2002.
On Monday, the Gujarat High Court had reserved its order on the application filed by the SIT challenging the anticipatory bail granted to Kodnani, and VHP leader Jaideep Patel.
Justice DH Waghela also heard the applications filed by three witnesses of the 2002 riots cases seeking to join as party in the application submitted by the SIT.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Kapil Sibal has asked the BJP to apologise to the nation for the Gujarat riots.
Talking to reporters in New Delhi, Sibal said that gradually more and more crimes committed during the riots would be unraveled.
“As long as Modi remains the poster boy of BJP, the saffron party can not lead this country to unity and prosperity,” he added. (ANI)
- Gujarat Minister resigns as HC cancels her bail in 2002 riot case - Mar 27, 2009
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- 32 convicted in Naroda Patiya massacre - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat HC rejects Maya Kodnani's bail plea - Mar 27, 2009
- Government cannot be linked to 2002 massacre: Gujarat - Aug 29, 2012
- BJP downplays ex-Gujarat minister's conviction - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat minister granted bail - Feb 05, 2009
- Ahmedabad court extends police remand of Mayaben Kodnani, Jaideep Patel till April 4 - Apr 01, 2009
- Mayaben Kodnani's police custody ends today - Apr 01, 2009
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister Kodnani, 31 convicted (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- BJP mum on Maya Kodnani's sentence - Aug 31, 2012
- BJP minister, charged with inciting riots, surrenders (Roundup) - Mar 27, 2009
- Gujarat minister accused in Naroda Gam riots gets bail (Lead) - Feb 05, 2009
- Why shouldn't bail be cancelled, court asks Kodnani and Patel - Feb 24, 2009
- Kodnani conviction shows rule of law in Gujarat: BJP - Sep 01, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, bjp, child welfare, communal violence, congress leader, constituency, gam, gujarat high court, gujarat minister, investigation team, kapil sibal, mla, New Delhi, poster boy, riots, saffron party, state ministry, surrenders, three witnesses, women development