Gujarat Minister declared wanted by Special Investigating TeamFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 1:04 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Feb 3 (ANI): In Gujarat, the Supreme Court’’s Special Investigating Team (SIT) has declared Minister of State (MOS) for Higher education Dr. Maya Kodanani and Vishwa Hindu Parishad(VHP) leader Jaidip Patel as absconding.
Kodanini has been accused in the Naroda Patia and Naroda Gam riot cases. Patel is also an accused in the Naroda Gam case.
Both the leaders have filed an anticipatory bail to evade their arrest.
Dr. Kodanini has been an MLA from Naroda for three consecutive years. The court is expected to hear her plea on Thursday.
Meanwhile, the State Congress has demanded resignation of Dr. Kodanani. (ANI)
- Kapil Sibal, Ahmed Patel framed me: Maya Kodnani - Apr 04, 2009
- Chargesheet filed against ex-Gujarat minister Kodnani - May 01, 2009
- Riot tainted Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2009
- Another Gujarat police officer faces action - Aug 11, 2011
- Supreme Court orders retrial of Gujarat riots by fast track courts - May 01, 2009
- Supreme Court orders SIT to probe role of Modi, 63 others in post-Godhra riot cases - Apr 27, 2009
- SC to decide on speedy trial of Gujarat riots cases - May 01, 2009
- Ahmedabad court extends police remand of Mayaben Kodnani, Jaideep Patel till April 4 - Apr 01, 2009
- Gujarat minister accused in Naroda Gam riots gets bail (Lead) - Feb 05, 2009
- Godhra riots: Gujarat HC issues notice to Maya Kodnani - Feb 24, 2009
- Mayaben Kodnani's police custody ends today - Apr 01, 2009
- Gujarat minister granted bail - Feb 05, 2009
- Gujarat HC rejects Maya Kodnani's bail plea - Mar 27, 2009
- Why shouldn't bail be cancelled, court asks Kodnani and Patel - Feb 24, 2009
- Godhra cases report to be submitted by 15th Feb - Jan 21, 2009