Gujarat HC judge declines to hear plea against bail for Godhra accusedFebruary 19th, 2009 - 8:11 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Feb 19 (ANI): Gujarat High Court judge A. S. Dave on Thursday declined to hear the petition of the Special Investigation Team (SIT) that challenged the anticipatory bail granted to State Minister Maya Kodnani and the former VHP leader Jaydeep Patel in connection with the Godhra case.
Not before me. The case will now be transferred to the court of another judge and the date of hearing would be decided later, Dave said.
Justice Dave did not give any reason for his decision.
The SIT had moved the Gujarat High Court and challenged the anticipatory bail granted by a lower court to Kodnani and Patel, in the post-Godhra and Naroda Gram riot cases.
The Supreme Court had constituted a five-member Special Investigation Team (SIT) to re-investigate the post-Godhra communal riots. (ANI)
- Supreme Court orders SIT to probe role of Modi, 63 others in post-Godhra riot cases - Apr 27, 2009
- Supreme Court orders retrial of Gujarat riots by fast track courts - May 01, 2009
- SC to decide on speedy trial of Gujarat riots cases - May 01, 2009
- BJP legislator, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya carnage (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Godhra riots: Gujarat HC issues notice to Maya Kodnani - Feb 24, 2009
- Gujarat judge refuses to hear plea against minister - Feb 19, 2009
- BJP lawmaker, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya killings - Aug 31, 2012
- Why shouldn't bail be cancelled, court asks Kodnani and Patel - Feb 24, 2009
- Police removed names of leaders accused in Gujarat riots: Prosecutor - Mar 13, 2009
- Gujarat HC rejects Maya Kodnani's bail plea - Mar 27, 2009
- Kodnani conviction shows rule of law in Gujarat: BJP - Sep 01, 2012
- Court issues notice to two 2002 Gujarat riots accused - Apr 02, 2011
- Another Gujarat police officer faces action - Aug 11, 2011
- SIT chief says Godhra report will be submitted within deadline - Jan 21, 2009
- Gujarat minister accused in 2002 riots seeks anticipatory bail - Feb 03, 2009