Guerrillas shoot dead Kashmir policeman, injure another (Lead)July 3rd, 2012 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 3 (IANS) Separatist guerrillas shot and killed an off-duty policeman and critically injured another in two separate incidents in Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday, police said.
The guerrillas fired from a close range at constable Dalbir Singh in Rajpora Chowk in Rajpora town in Pulwama district Tuesday afternoon, injuring him critically, a senior police officer told IANS.
Another policeman was shot by separatist guerrillas at Yaripora in Kulgam, police said. His condition is stated to be critical.
In the first incident, the injured constable Dalbir Singh was shifted to sub-district hospital at Pulwama where he died of his injuries, the police officer said.
Senior police officers rushed to the spot. However, sources said no one was detained.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the policeman’s killing.
- Cop dies in guerrilla attack in Kashmir - Jul 03, 2012
- Gurrillas shoot dead two policemen in Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Village headman shot dead in Kashmir - Feb 09, 2012
- BSF trooper shot dead by senior in Kashmir - Dec 30, 2011
- Continuing violence claims five more lives in Kashmir (Third Lead) - Aug 03, 2010
- Four attacks injure four in Kashmir - Oct 25, 2011
- Two policemen killed by guerrillas in Srinagar - Apr 26, 2011
- Guerrillas barge into house, kill one in Kashmir - Jun 15, 2011
- National Conference activist shot in Kashmir - Feb 05, 2011
- Heavy stone pelting reported in Pulwama, militants also kill three - Aug 23, 2010
- Engineer injured in Srinagar blast dies - Mar 01, 2011
- Guerrillas kill cop in Srinagar - Sep 28, 2011
- Guerrillas open fire in cop's home in Kashmir - Jul 19, 2011
- Truck driver shot dead in Kashmir (Lead) - Feb 27, 2011
- Guerrillas kill cop in Kashmir - May 17, 2011