Grenade attack on Holi-playing security men (Lead)March 11th, 2009 - 4:15 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, March 11 (IANS) Separatist guerrillas lobbed a grenade at security personnel playing Holi in a crowded market in this summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday injuring one of them, witnesses said.
The grenade attack took place near Amira Kadal Bridge in the city centre Lal Chowk when unsuspecting members of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were busy throwing colour over one another.
“The grenade exploded near the bunker injuring one of the troopers. He was immediately shifted to a hospital,” a police officer said.
The attack comes as Muslims celebrated Prophet Mohammed’s birthday Eid-e-Milad in the Kashmir Valley. The celebrations conclude Friday.
- Grenade attack injures paramilitary trooper - Mar 11, 2009
- Four attacks injure four in Kashmir - Oct 25, 2011
- CRPF trooper killed, five injured in Srinagar grenade attack (Second Lead) - Mar 14, 2010
- Four injured in Srinagar grenade attack - May 14, 2010
- Four injured in Srinagar grenade explosion - Dec 14, 2010
- CRPF trooper killed in Kashmir grenade attack (Lead) - Mar 14, 2010
- Ten injured in Pulwama grenade attacks - Dec 14, 2010
- Five civilians injured in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2011
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Four CRPF troopers injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Mar 14, 2010
- CRPF under attack in Kashmir - Jan 06, 2010
- Mumbai celebrates Eid-e-Milad - Feb 05, 2012
- Two CRPF men die in daring attack in Srinagar (Second Lead) - Aug 31, 2009
- Seven wounded in Kashmir blast - Dec 25, 2009
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: amira kadal, chowk, crpf, eid, grenade attack, holi, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir valley, lal, march 11, milad, police force, police officer, prophet mohammed, reserve police, security men, security personnel, separatist guerrillas, unsuspecting members