Grenade attack injures paramilitary trooperMarch 11th, 2009 - 2:38 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, March 11 (IANS) Separatist guerrillas lobbed a grenade at a security picket in a crowded market in this summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday injuring a paramilitary trooper, police said.
The grenade was hurled at a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) bunker in the city centre Lal Chowk.
The attack comes as Muslims celebrated Prophet Mohammed’s birthday Eid-e-Milad. The celebrations in the Kashmir Valley conclude Friday.
- Grenade attack on Holi-playing security men (Lead) - Mar 11, 2009
- Five civilians injured in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2011
- Four attacks injure four in Kashmir - Oct 25, 2011
- Mumbai celebrates Eid-e-Milad - Feb 05, 2012
- CRPF under attack in Kashmir - Jan 06, 2010
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Grenade attack on CRPF office in Srinagar - Aug 13, 2011
- Four injured in Srinagar grenade attack - May 14, 2010
- Four injured in Srinagar grenade explosion - Dec 14, 2010
- Five wounded in explosion in Srinagar (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- One civilian injured in grenade attack in Kashmir - Jan 27, 2012
- Protests in Srinagar over Facebook posts - Nov 18, 2011
- Cop shot dead in Srinagar, bunker removed from city centre (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Civilian wounded in Kashmir grenade explosion - Mar 26, 2010
- Five CRPF troopers injured in Kashmir attack - Jun 17, 2012