Grenade attack in KashmirJanuary 13th, 2009 - 3:53 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Jan 13 (ANI): One person was injured as suspected militants lobbed a grenade at a bus stand in Srinagar on Tuesday.
The attack took place at around 10:00 a.m. when some persons threw a grenade at the Batmaloo bus stand in the city, which is near the State police headquarters.
The attack alerted the personnel of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), who were stationed at a checkpost near the bus stand, who immediately tried to chase the miscreants.
One person sustained splinter injuries on his right leg.
According to M.P. Nathaniel, Deputy Inspector General (Dig), CRPF, the personnel could not fire at the miscreants due to the heavy crowd present at the bus stop.
“In case our boys had fired, there could have been loss of innocent lives also. But immediately the area was cordoned and a search has started. It is still continuing even now,” said Nathaniel. (ANI)
- Four attacks injure four in Kashmir - Oct 25, 2011
- Three security personnel injured in grenade attack in Srinagar - Jul 05, 2010
- Srinagar attackers are from across the border, says DIG, CRPF - Jan 06, 2010
- One dead, six injured in Kashmir attack (Fourth Lead) - Jan 06, 2010
- Four injured in Kashmir attack, gun battle on (Lead) - Jan 06, 2010
- Separatists target Srinagar army camp with grenades - Jun 28, 2012
- Suicide bomber gunned down in Pakistan - Apr 27, 2012
- Blast injures two in Assam (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Four injured in Kashmir attack, JuM claims responsibility (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2010
- One dead, six injured in Kashmir attack (Third Lead) - Jan 06, 2010
- Five CRPF troopers injured in Kashmir attack - Jun 17, 2012
- Three guerrillas, one cop killed in Srinagar shootout (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Five injured in Imphal grenade attack - Nov 06, 2011
- Two killed, four injured as terrorists strike at Lal Chowk in Srinagar - Jan 06, 2010
- Two CRPF men die in daring attack in Srinagar (Second Lead) - Aug 31, 2009