Grand reception for President Patil at Windsor CastleOctober 27th, 2009 - 10:25 pm ICT by ANI
By Ravi Khandelwal
London, Oct 27 (ANI): The reception ceremony organized in honour of President Pratibha Devisingh Patil by Queen Elizabeth II at Windsor Castle was filled with all royal grandeur.
Prince Charles at the royal dais received the Indian president, who arrived along with her husband Dr Devi Singh Sekhawat. She then met the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.
President Patil and her husband accompanied by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh then arrived in a carriage procession at Quadrangle of Windsor Castle with a sovereign’s Escort of the Household Calvary.
This was the second meeting between President Patil and Queen Elizabeth II. President Patil met the Queen for the first time in the late eighties as the Deputy Chairperson Rajya Sabha.
The King’s Royal Horse Artillery gave a royal salute to the visiting Indian President.
President Patil became the first non-royal to stay at the Windsor Castle. She will receive the Commonwealth baton from the Queen at a grand function in Buckingham Palace on Wednesday.
President Patil wants to take India-UK relations to a new level since the two countries entered into a strategic partnership in 2004. This the first visit by an Indian President to the UK in two decades. (ANI)
- Queen Elizabeth II visits Prince Philip in hospital - Jun 07, 2012
- Abu Dhabi crown prince attends Elizabeth's diamond jubilee - May 19, 2012
- Tricolour flies in Windsor for Pratibha Patil - Oct 27, 2009
- Queen Elizabeth gets bleeding nose - Apr 15, 2011
- Queen's husband Prince Philip hospitalized due to infection - Jun 05, 2012
- Prince Philip hospitalised, misses jubilee concert - Jun 05, 2012
- Kate's parents meet Queen, Prince Philip - Apr 21, 2011
- Britain's Prince Philip turns 90 - Jun 10, 2011
- British Queen 'very well briefed' about Pratibha Patil - Oct 23, 2009
- Queen Elizabeth II celebrates 84th birthday - Apr 21, 2010
- Queen Elizabeth hosts diamond jubilee lunch - May 20, 2012
- Pratibha Patil begins Britain visit with Diaspora meet - Oct 26, 2009
- Thousands cheer Queen's Diamond Jubilee river pageant - Jun 04, 2012
- Patil first woman non-royal head of state invited by British Queen - Jul 05, 2009
- The Queen Elizabeth II 83rd birthday - Apr 21, 2009
Tags: buckingham palace, dais, deputy chairperson, duke of edinburgh, eighties, elizabeth ii, grand reception, indian president, pratibha devisingh patil, president president, prince charles, quadrangle, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, rajya sabha, reception ceremony, royal horse artillery, royal salute, strategic partnership, windsor castle