Govt. to take effective measures to fast track E-Governance: SibalApril 4th, 2011 - 9:47 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 4 (ANI): Telecom and Information Technology Minister Kapil Sibal on Monday said that the government will take effective measures to fast track E-Governance and standardised implementation of the services.
Inaugurating a two-day workshop on Electronics and IT, Sibal said: “The Government will support the research and development of Indian Language based computer softwares in order to bring technology closer to the common man.”
He said that his Ministry is proposing a new semi conductor policy to promote the indigenous computer hardware industry.
He further said that India had not yet gone through an Information Technology revolution, whereas a telecom revolution had surely taken place.
“And the reason why IT revolution has not occurred is that the IT revolution started in India by outsourcing. We were providing solutions for other people around the world. And then we developed the telecom platform with the result that we have now over 700 million telephones and mobile phones. And we add on every 18 to 20 million every month. But the soft bed that will ultimately generate the information that we need for the traffic that I talked about has not yet been developed,” said Sibal.
Sibal also pointed out that IT was in the heart of the government’s developmental agenda, but he was yet to see the enthusiasm which is needed to bring the revolution in the field.
“I believe that the Information Technology is in the heart of the telecom revolution. If you have a telecom revolution without an information technology revolution, you will not be able to give it. The challenge for today is to prepare and make that revolution happen as quickly as possible,” he said.
Sibal further said that here was an equal need to produce hardwares as well as softwares and that only such a situation would result in the ushering of a real IT revolution in the nation.
The two-day seminar titling ‘Elitex 2011′ will end on April 5. (ANI)
- India to discuss outsourcing curbs with Obama (Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Connect 2011 to start in Chennai Dec 20 - Nov 28, 2011
- Sibal endorses new telecom, IT policies - Oct 20, 2011
- Hardware and manufacturing segment to be strengthened: Sibal - Dec 09, 2010
- European lawmakers bat for outsourcing to India - Nov 03, 2010
- Wipro joins Google's cloud platform - Aug 27, 2012
- Experts discuss advances in computer science at Amity Campus - Feb 08, 2011
- Bengal's draft electronic, hardware policy next week: Official - Mar 07, 2012
- Microsoft keen to set up centres in Tamil Nadu - Mar 07, 2012
- Fourth conference on open software on in Kerala capital - Dec 27, 2011
- India launches cheapest tablet computing device - Oct 05, 2011
- Chinese 'Red Army lab' raises cyber attack fears - Mar 14, 2011
- Wipro unveils slimmest ultrabook for Indian market - Feb 21, 2012
- Sibal stresses on urgent need for finalization of national broadband plan - Jan 19, 2011
- Join India's IT boom, Canadian companies told - Apr 01, 2010
Tags: based computer, common man, computer hardware industry, computer softwares, e governance, elitex, fast track, implementation, indian language, information technology minister, information technology revolution, kapil sibal, measures, mobile phones, New Delhi, research and development, semi conductor, telecom platform, telecom revolution, telephones