Govt. to set up ex-servicemen commission soonAugust 29th, 2008 - 10:35 pm ICT by ANI
Rewari (Haryana), August 29 (ANI): Union Defence Minister A.K. Antony on Friday said that the government would soon set up an Ex-Servicemen Commission to address the grievances of armed forces veterans and plan welfare schemes for them.
After opening a new department in the Defence Ministry for ex-servicemen, the government is going to set up an Ex-Servicemen Commission soon to recommend various welfare schemes for them and their families, Antony said, during the inauguration function of a Sainik School at Thappa Gothra Khori village near Rewari in Haryana.
He also said that the government had earmarked around Rs 6,000 crore additionally for serving defence personnel and ex-servicemen after removing the anomalies in the recommendations of the sixth pay commission, which was being implemented from 1st September.
Antony urged other States of the country to learn from Haryana, he further added that he is very impressed with Haryana government efforts in taking care of its ex-servicemen and providing them welfare schemes.
The Sainik Schools are today one of the major vehicles to carry forward the movement of mass discipline in our society, he said. (ANI)
- Provide more jobs to retired defence personnel: Antony - Jun 27, 2011
- Haryana releases Rs.50 mn for new military school - Aug 07, 2010
- Panel's report on defence pay anomalies on Wednesday - Aug 07, 2012
- Haryana seeks war weapons for museum - Feb 18, 2011
- Government committed to welfare of armed forces: Antony - Aug 14, 2011
- Armed Forces Flag Day observed on Tuesday - Dec 07, 2010
- 'Serious fraud probe' into ex-servicemen job scam - Sep 25, 2011
- One-rank-one-pension not so soon: Antony - Aug 25, 2010
- High-level panel formed to resolve defence pay disparity - Jul 13, 2012
- Apex court recalls order on panel for ex-servicemen - Jul 18, 2011
- Watch real life stories of ex-servicemen on Doordarshan - Jul 05, 2010
- Health scheme approved for Nepal-domiciled Gorkhas - Jan 04, 2012
- Pension of major's widow raised from Rs.80 to Rs.18,000 (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Retired defence personnel demand hike in pension - Jul 11, 2010
- Modi has qualities of successful Army commander: Major General Singha - Mar 14, 2011