Govt. to pay for 20% cost of mega development projects under PPP modelAugust 19th, 2009 - 9:27 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug.19 (ANI): Union Urban Development Minister S. Jaipal Reddy on Wednesday said the government is ready to offer 20 percent of the cost of mega development projects if taken up as a public-private partnership (PPP).
Reddy said that in Mumbai some metro rail projects have been taken up as a private-public partnership and Hyderabad is also following suit.
The government is ready to encourage such gigantic projects so that they become commercially viable.
“In cases where such schemes are taken up, such gigantic schemes in PPP (Public Private Partnership) model we are giving 20 percent of the total cost of project by way of subsidies so that these mega projects can become commercially viable,” said Jaipal Reddy in the capital.
Reddy had earlier suggested an equity between the central and state governments, on the lines of the Delhi Metro model, which, in fact, had been considered and shelved earlier by the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA). (ANI)
- 11 infra firms eye transit centre project in Bangalore - Feb 15, 2011
- Three five-star hotels on PPP mode likely in Goa - Mar 23, 2011
- Haryana vows to improve facilities in cities - Sep 13, 2012
- Work on international stadium at Lucknow gains momentum - Aug 25, 2012
- L&T; achieves financial closure for Hyderabad Metro Rail (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- PPP model necessary to develop urban infrastructure: Kamal Nath - Sep 17, 2012
- UP goes all out for Metro in major cities - Mar 27, 2012
- Jaipur Metro likely by June 2013 - Jul 16, 2012
- UP plans cricket academy, stadium in Lucknow - Jun 29, 2012
- 'Rs.7,000-crore investment proposals in Million Farmers initiative' - Mar 08, 2012
- Japan considering soft loan to fund Mumbai Metro - Jul 31, 2011
- Repair work of Airport Metro to end by October: Kamal Nath - Sep 17, 2012
- ADB lends 250 million dollars to help build Bangalore metro rail system - Apr 01, 2011
- Goa sets up Rs.50 crore corpus for PPP projects - Jan 20, 2011
- Bangalore Metro rolls from Thursday - Oct 19, 2011
Tags: delhi metro, development minister, development projects, hyderabad, jaipal reddy, metro rail, metropolitan region, New Delhi, partnership model, private public partnership, public private partnership, rail projects, state governments, subsidies, urban development