Govt. orders Magisterial probe into students death in Himachal PradeshMarch 10th, 2009 - 6:53 pm ICT by ANI
Dharamsala, Mar 10 (ANI): The Himachal Pradesh Government on Tuesday ordered a magisterial probe into the shocking death of a medical student in Dr. Rajendra Prasad Medical College here.
The nineteen-year-old Aman Kachroo, a former Delhi Public School student, died on Sunday night after being allegedly ragged and beaten by his seniors.
State Health Minister Rajeev Bindal said the inquiry would look in detail the cause of death of Aman and also the responsibility of the involved people in the incident.
A new principal will be appointed in the college as the principal Suresh Sankhayan has offered his resignation in wake of the shocking incident, Principal Secretary, Health Ministry, Deepak Sanan said.
Aman Kachroo was a resident of Gurgaon, who had sustained grievous injuries on his chest, ears and face allegedly during ragging by four of his seniors.
Two second-year students Ajay Kumar Verma and Naveen Verma have already been arrested, while two other Abhinav Verma and Mukul Sharma are absconding.
All the accused have been named in the case registered under section 304 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
They have also been booked under the anti-ragging ordinance.
As a precautionary measure, a police team comprising an Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI), two head constables and 25 constables has been deployed in the college premises.
College authorities have suspended the hostel warden, its manager and two guards. (ANI)
- Kachroo ragging case: Convicts may return to college - Aug 23, 2012
- Kachroo ragging death: Justice in suspended animation - Jul 17, 2012
- Convicts freed early, ragging victim's father slams system - Aug 18, 2012
- Sibal launches anti-ragging portal - Jul 26, 2012
- Kachru ragging death: Guilty get four years' rigorous imprisonment (Roundup) - Nov 11, 2010
- Kachru ragging: Guilty get four years' rigorous imprisonment (Second Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Verdict in Aman Kachru's ragged-to-death case Thursday - Nov 10, 2010
- Dharamsala court to pronounce verdict in Kachroo murder case - Nov 11, 2010
- Kachroo ragging case: Convicts set free before term - Aug 18, 2012
- Four convicted in Aman Kachru ragged-to-death case (Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Aman Kachroo case: Himachal HC cancels bail of all accused - Jul 28, 2010
- Aman Kachru ragging case: Court to pronounce verdict Nov 11 - Oct 30, 2010
- Dharamsala court finds all four guilty in Kachroo murder case - Nov 11, 2010
- Bail to ragging accused sends wrong message: Kachru's father - Jul 18, 2010
- Family shocked over death of student in ragging (Second Lead) - Mar 10, 2009
Tags: college authorities, constables, deepak, delhi public school, dr rajendra prasad, govt orders, gurgaon, health minister, health ministry, indian penal code, mukul sharma, naveen, police team, precautionary measure, principal secretary, rajeev, rajendra prasad, sanan, shocking death, shocking incident