Government treats militancy with kid gloves: RSS leaderFebruary 14th, 2011 - 2:18 pm ICT by ANI
Mathura, Feb 14 (ANI): Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) spokesperson Ram Madhav has accused the Central Government of tackling the issue of militants with kid gloves.
Addressing a public meet here on Sunday, Madhav said: “Eliminating terrorism, means eliminating the terrorist physically. You cannot guess who said this. General Musharraf who was a dictator of Pakistan says this. Though Musharraf himself has opened a factory of terrorists in Pakistan, but he himself agrees that a terrorist should be killed. But for Indian Government, the terrorists are like their own kids or relatives.”
He further said the government has not executed the punishment meted out to the 2001 Parliament attack masterminded Afzal Guru till date.
“The mastermind of Parliament Attack, Afzal Guru has been sentenced to death five years back but he has not been hanged as yet. There was a petition in the Supreme Court from Afzal Guru stating that it has been five years since his death sentence was announced, therefore the government should clarify whether it will hang him or not. He himself is asking that, but the government says there is a long queue of persons at the gallows,” he added.
He also expressed his discontent over US President Barrack Obama’s visit to Humayun’s Tomb in New Delhi by saying Humayun was not a bonafide Indian.
“Obama was taken to Humayun’s Tomb. But how is the history of India related to Humayun’s Tomb? Had Obama been proudly shown the Lord Ram birthplace temple in Ayodhya or Lord Krishna birthplace temple in Mathura then it would have been great. India is known as the birthplace of Ram and Krishna,” said Madhav. (ANI)
- BJP apprehensive on execution of Kasab's sentence - Feb 21, 2011
- Tributes paid to victims of Delhi High Court blast - Sep 07, 2012
- Government forwards Afzal Guru mercy plea to president - Aug 10, 2011
- Bitta condemns Akali Dal, Congress over Bhullar - May 31, 2011
- For Kasab, it's now a question of when - Aug 30, 2012
- President rejects mercy plea of Khalistan terrorist on death row (Second Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Omar fears rise in militancy if Afzal is hanged - Sep 28, 2011
- Afzal Guru should 'pay price', says Farooq - Feb 26, 2012
- Hang Kasab, Afzal Guru together: Togadia - May 06, 2010
- Hang Afzal call grows loud, nation remembers 'martyrs' (Roundup) - Dec 13, 2011
- Mirwaiz warns of serious fallout if Afzal is hanged - Aug 12, 2011
- Parliament attack recalled, families want Afzal hanged - Dec 13, 2011
- Radhastami celebrations in Mathura - Sep 05, 2011
- Punjab jailor wants Sikh terrorist's death warrant deferred - Mar 26, 2012
- VHP organises rally, demands Afzal's hanging - Aug 01, 2010
Tags: afzal guru, ayodhya, barrack obama, bonafide, central government, death sentence, dictator, discontent, feb 14, gallows, general musharraf, history of india, indian government, kid gloves, lord krishna, lord ram, mastermind, militants, ram madhav, spokesperson