Government to electrify over 1.18 lakh villages by 2012: ShindeJune 1st, 2009 - 8:44 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 1 (ANI): Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde today said that the government has set a target of providing electricity to 1,18,000 villages in the country under Rajiv Gandhi Gramin Vidyutikaran Yojna by 2012.
Assuming his charge on Monday, he said that more than 61,000 villages already been have been electrified under this scheme.
Shinde said that the government has also accorded high priority to provide free connection to over 2,45,00,000 BPL families.
He said more than 60 lakh families have already been provided free connection.
He said that nine ultra mega power plants would also be set up by the end of 2012 to meet energy demands of the country. (ANI)
- NGO recommends review of power scheme - Jul 01, 2011
- Jharkhand to give free power connections - Mar 05, 2010
- Villagers left out of rural power scheme: Greenpeace - May 10, 2011
- Free LPG to 25,000 BPL families in Bihar - Jul 25, 2012
- Social audit highlights flaws in Uttar Pradesh power scheme - Jun 23, 2011
- 'Electification projects on in Garo Hills' - Jan 30, 2012
- Centre, States must work together for providing affordable and quality power: Shinde - Apr 28, 2010
- Tripura to provide electricity in all hamlets by 2013 - Jan 23, 2012
- India enhancing domestic capacity for new gen power plants: Shinde - Apr 22, 2012
- Central village electrification project to be reviewed - Jul 13, 2009
- Cooking gas connections for 350,000 families in Delhi: Dikshit - Jun 20, 2012
- Social audit points to failure of power scheme in Bihar - May 08, 2011
- India's power production falls short by 2.7 percent - Mar 12, 2010
- Jharkhand plans to give rural families power-saver CFLs - Jul 25, 2011
- Himachal to provide free medicines to poor - Nov 17, 2010