Government promotes energy efficiency projects: ShindeNovember 4th, 2009 - 7:29 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 4 (ANI): Union Minister of Power Sushil Kumar Shinde at the Economic Editors’ Conference today announced that the Ministry of Power is promoting a company called Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) for implementation of energy efficiency in India.
The company will promote energy efficiency projects like Bachat Lamp Yojana, Agricultural Demand Side Management and Municipal Demand Side Management. It will also act as a Resource center for capacity building of State Development Agencies, Utilities, financial institutions, etc.
Speaking on the Economic Editors Conference, Shinde pointed out that the overall size of energy investment market under Energy Service Companies (ESCO) in India is 74,000 crores and till now, only five percent of the market has been tapped.
“India has huge potential for energy efficiency. An improvement of 20 percent energy efficiency can result in avoided capacity addition of around 30,000 MW which amounts to an avoided investment of 1,20,000 crores,” he said.
- State power firms to start energy efficiency company - Nov 04, 2009
- India must manage energy demand efficiently: Shinde - May 05, 2010
- Graft, scams hog limelight in Himachal assembly (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Apr 01, 2012
- India seeks US investment in power sector - Sep 20, 2011
- India, Japan agree to collaborate under UNFCCC - Apr 30, 2010
- Australia can play a major role in India's energy sector: Shinde - Jun 07, 2010
- Cabinet approves Rs 235.35 crore for energy efficiency mission - Jun 24, 2010
- Hire an expert free, save on power bill - Apr 24, 2009
- India to install 400 million power saver lamps - Sep 21, 2010
- Shinde calls for investment, technological cooperation from Canada in power sector - Sep 17, 2010
- India enhancing domestic capacity for new gen power plants: Shinde - Apr 22, 2012
- Need to integrate the entire region by a robust power grid : KC Venugopal - Apr 27, 2011
- Power ministry asks for environment clearance for some coal mines - Oct 26, 2010
- Power generation firms need to improve efficiency: Shinde - Apr 26, 2012
- Havells invests Rs.1.2 bn for expansion - Dec 08, 2010
Tags: capacity addition, capacity building, crores, demand side management, economic editors, editors conference, energy efficiency projects, energy efficiency services, energy investment, energy service companies, financial institutions, implementation, India, investment market, mw, New Delhi, resource center, sushil kumar, today announced that, union minister