Government focuses on rural jobs in Interim BudgetFebruary 16th, 2009 - 6:16 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 16, (ANI): Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Monday announced an allocation of Rs. 30,100 crore for the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme for the year 2009-10 and said the scheme has made a significant contribution in providing employment.
Adequate funds have been ensured for the flagship programmes. The National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme gets Rs. 30,100 crore for the year 2009-10. This Scheme generated 138.76 crore person days of employment covering 3.51 crore households in 2008-09, Mukherjee told Parliament.
The Finance Minister has also made an allocation of Rs. 6,705 crore to the Integrated Child Development Scheme.
The Integrated Child Development Scheme would get an allocation of Rs. 6,705 crore. This Scheme was expanded twice in the last five years to cover the hitherto uncovered habitations across the country, Mukherjee said.
Apart from this, the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Drinking Water Mission will receive Rs. 7,400 crore for supplying safe drinking water to uncovered habitations and slipped back habitations.
The government has also provided Rs. 1,200 crore for the Total Rural Sanitation Programme. This would be allocated to the National Rural Health Mission.
Bharat Nirman, the time-bound plan for building rural infrastructure would receive Rs. 40,900 crore. This package has six components rural roads, telephony, irrigation, drinking water supply, housing and electrification. (ANI)
- Rs.1.31 trillion sanctioned for flagship programmes - Feb 16, 2009
- Rs. 953,231 crore expenditure proposed for 2009-10 - Feb 16, 2009
- 'Rural jobs scheme should have off period during agriculture season' - Mar 20, 2012
- Budget trendsetting for rural sector: Ramesh - Mar 16, 2012
- 'Extend rural job scheme to urban areas' - Mar 15, 2012
- Prominent highlights of 2012-13 budget - Mar 16, 2012
- Budget highlights 8 - Mar 16, 2012
- Budget gives boost to women, child development schemes - Jul 06, 2009
- Budget highlights 7 - Mar 16, 2012
- NRHM gets higher allocation - Mar 16, 2012
- Air India to get Rs.4,000 crore budget support for 2012-13 - Mar 16, 2012
- Rural development to get 12 percent more - Feb 28, 2011
- Aadhaar to pilot pensions, wages in 50 districts, says Ramesh - Jul 01, 2012
- Budget boost for women, child development programmes - Mar 16, 2012
- Food security bill near ready, hike in social sector spending - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: adequate funds, bharat nirman, child development, crore, development scheme, drinking water supply, electrification, finance minister, guarantee scheme, habitations, interim budget, national rural health, national rural health mission, person days, pranab mukherjee, rajiv gandhi, rs 6, rural roads, safe drinking water, water mission