Government cuts petrol, diesel pricesJanuary 29th, 2009 - 11:57 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 29 (ANI): Government on Wednesday night cut petrol price by Rs five per litre and diesel by Rs two per litre, while the domestic Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) are slashed down by 25 rupees per cylinder.
Petroleum Minister Murli Deora said, “The Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs headed by External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee decided to reduce petrol, diesel and LPG prices to pass on the benefit of softening international oil prices to consumers.”
The new prices came into effect from Wednesday midnight.
Petrol in Delhi will cost now Rs 40.62 a litre instead of the present Rs 45.62 per litre , while diesel will be sold at Rs 30.86 per litre as against current Rs 32.86 a litre. Similarly, a 14.2-kg domestic LPG cylinder will now cost Rs 279.70 in place of Rs 304.70.
In Mumbai petrol will cost Rs 44.55, diesel Rs 34.45 and LPG Rs312.
In Kolkata petrol will cost Rs 44.25, diesel Rs 33.21 and LPG Rs327.05 and in Chennai petrol will cost Rs44.25, diesel Rs 32.82 and LPG Rs 314.55. (ANI)
- Indians wake up to fuel price cut good news - Jan 29, 2009
- Fuel prices revised countrywide - Jul 25, 2012
- India Inc calls for dual pricing of diesel, LPG - May 24, 2012
- May consider reduction of diesel subsidy : Reddy - Feb 15, 2012
- Dhumal attacks hike in petrol prices - Nov 05, 2011
- Government to decide on diesel, LPG price hike Friday - May 24, 2012
- No plan to hike diesel, LPG, kerosene prices: Reddy - May 28, 2012
- No deregulation of diesel, kerosene, LPG prices - Aug 21, 2012
- Government hikes diesel price by Rs.five a litre (Second lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Government hikes diesel price by Rs.five a litre (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Diesel, cooking gas and kerosene prices hiked (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- Ministerial meet to discuss LPG supply, price deferred - Sep 16, 2011
- Hike likely in diesel, LPG, kerosene prices - Sep 05, 2012
- Petrol prices to be hiked by 70 paise from midnight (Second Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Diesel price hiked by Rs 5, opposition slams 'anti-people' move (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
Tags: benefit, cabinet committee, consumers, diesel prices, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, government cuts, international oil prices, jan 29, liquefied petroleum gas, liquefied petroleum gas lpg, litre, lpg cylinder, lpg prices, murli deora, New Delhi, political affairs, pranab mukherjee, rupees, wednesday night