Government announces MSP of copraJanuary 10th, 2008 - 7:29 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Jan 10 (ANI): In order to safeguard the interest of coconut growers in the country, the Union Government today approved the MSP (Minimum Support Price) of copra for this year.
While the MSP for Fair Average Quality (FAQ) of Milling Copra has been fixed at Rs.3660 per quintal, the MSP for Fair Average Quality of Ball Copra has been fixed at Rs.3910 per quintal.
This represents an increase of Rs 40 per quintal for both Milling and Ball copra over the MSP announced for the last season.
The increase in the MSP of copra is expected to encourage the farmers to step up investment in coconut cultivation and increase production and productivity of coconut in the country. (ANI)
- Haryana seeks Rs.1,800 MSP for paddy - Feb 17, 2012
- Purchase price for pulses hiked - Aug 03, 2012
- MSP hiked to boost food production - Oct 25, 2011
- Cabinet hikes rice purchase price to Rs.1,280 per quintal - Jun 14, 2012
- Jute growers to get subsidy over MSP in Bengal - Nov 04, 2011
- Hooda seeks Rs.200 bonus on paddy - Oct 06, 2011
- Mayawati announces steep hike in sugarcane price - Nov 08, 2011
- Badal slams meagre hike in wheat support price - Oct 21, 2010
- Cabinet decides to raise minimum support price for Rabi crop - Oct 20, 2010
- Centre's bonus on wheat unjustified: Badal - Apr 16, 2011
- Farmer suicides spark Bengal political storm (West Bengal Newsletter) - Jan 22, 2012
- World Coconut Day: Kerala tries to stop production fall - Sep 02, 2012
- Badal rejects new minimum price for wheat - Oct 08, 2011
- Punjab farmers attracted to sugarcane cultivation - Oct 22, 2009
- Pay Rs.1,800 per quintal of wheat: Badal - Oct 24, 2011