Government accepts recommendation of one-rank-one pension for ex-servicemenJuly 6th, 2009 - 4:35 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 6 (ANI): Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Monday said that the Government has decided to substantially improve the pension of pre 01.01.2006 defence pensioners below officer rank and bring pre 10.10.1997 pensioners on par with post 10.10.1997 pensioners.
Presenting the Budget proposals for the year 2009-10 in Lok Sabha, Mukherjee said that it was based on the recommendation of the Committee headed by the Cabinet Secretary on One Rank One Pension (OROP).
The Minister further said that these decisions will be implemented from July 1, 2009 and will cost the exchequer more than Rs. 2100 crore annually.
“These measures will benefit more than 12 lakh Jawans and JCOs. Certain pension benefits being extended to war wounded and other disabled pensioners are also being liberalized,” he added.
Under the one-rank one-pension scheme, a retired defence personnel of a particular rank would be entitled to same amount of pension irrespective of the year of retirement. (ANI)
- Soldiers, JCOs pension upped; officers ignored (Lead) - Jul 06, 2009
- India's defence budget stays at Rs.141,703 crore (Second Lead) - Jul 06, 2009
- Govt. implements committee recommendations on ex-soldiers pension - Mar 10, 2010
- Hike in defence budget misleading: Experts - Jul 06, 2009
- Government accepts recommendations on ex-servicemen's pension - Mar 10, 2010
- Police modernization gets Rs.430 crore budgetary boost - Jul 06, 2009
- Mukherjee presents budget for continuity - Jul 06, 2009
- Uneasy truce between government, army chief - Apr 24, 2012
- Defence Ministry has got nine boxes of medals from ex servicemen - Dec 14, 2009
- PM clarifies on one-rank-one-pension for ex-servicemen - Mar 05, 2010
- Protesting war veterans return nine cartons of gallantry medals - Dec 09, 2009
- PM clarifies on one-rank-one-pension for armed forces (Lead) - Mar 05, 2010
- Government rejects ex-soldiers' 'one rank one pension' plea - Feb 18, 2009
- Key Highlights of Budget 2009-2010 - Jul 08, 2009
- Congress official urges ex-servicemen not to return medals - Mar 18, 2010
Tags: budget proposals, cabinet secretary, decisions, finance minister, july 1, lakh, Lok Sabha, measures, New Delhi, officer rank, pension benefits, pension scheme, pensioners, pranab mukherjee, rank one, retirement, union budget