Gossip Girl stars make ad for ObamaOctober 15th, 2008 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 15 (ANI): An ad for Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama has been made by Penn Badgley and Blake Lively, who are stars of the popular TV show Gossip Girl.
The ad, produced by Moveon.org, was aimed especially at young voters, and it has also has Doug Liman, the man behind The Bourne Identity, directing it.
It starts with Badgley holding up a Drill, Baby, Drill! hat.
Mom, Dad, I found this in your room, Fox News quoted Badgley as saying.
The ad then shows a couple of unknown actors, saying, Are you thinking about voting for John McCain? Just because other people your age are doing it, doesn”t make it cool.
It ends with Lively making a promise of a pickup if they considered voting for John McCain.
And if you”re ever out somewhere and you”re considering voting McCain, just call me. I”ll pick you up. No questions asked, she said.
The whole thing is a parody of anti-drug and sex-talk ads for teens. The joke continues with a kind of effective dialogue.
Voting Republican even once can have disastrous effects that last for years. You”re not only risking your future, you”re risking mine. (ANI)
- I never considered myself a maverick: McCain - Apr 15, 2010
- McCain like 'Alice in Wonderland' March Hare: Russian speaker - Dec 07, 2011
- McCain's daughter slams Palin's Iran war advice to Obama - Feb 10, 2010
- John McCain Dubbed As Social Media Genius By A Recent Study - Aug 21, 2010
- Pattinson still in line for Jeff Buckley biopic - Jun 19, 2011
- Sarah Palin waxes eloquent on 'finest public servant in United States' McCain - Mar 27, 2010
- John McCain ranked most conservative US senator in 2010 - Feb 25, 2011
- Trump not a "serious" presidential candidate: Republican senator McCain - May 02, 2011
- McCain's visit sparks debate in Kashmir - Aug 18, 2011
- Former Florida Governor Bush endorses Senator John McCain for re-election - Mar 11, 2010
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- McCain has blood of peaceful civilians on his hands: Putin - Dec 15, 2011
- John McCain says 'Jersey Shore' star Snooki is 'too good looking' to go to jail - Aug 12, 2010
- Karl Rove Tells Matt Lauer: I Did Not Pull Dirty Tricks - Mar 09, 2010
- McCain commends Obama on bin Laden killing - May 02, 2011
Tags: actors, barack obama, bourne identity, democratic presidential hopeful barack obama, dialogue, disastrous effects, doug liman, fox news, girl stars, gossip girl, john mccain, joke, mom dad, parody, penn badgley, popular tv show, presidential hopeful barack obama, republican, sex talk, young voters