Gorgeous girls are happier with plain guysMarch 24th, 2008 - 5:59 pm ICT by admin
London, Mar 24 (ANI): Every girl dreams of having a handsome hunk for a husband. As it turns out, she would be better off if she bagged a man who didnt look better than her.
And lending hard evidence to this finding are American researchers in Tennessee who carried out a study on this subject.
They found that for women, the secret to a happy marriage might lie in marrying a man who isnt as handsome as Disneys Prince Charming.
Psychologists found that among newly-wed couples, women with handsome husbands are more likely to be unhappy and have negative feelings about their marriage.
Professor Jim McNulty also had an explanation as to why most men who marry gorgeous women are happy in the background.
“Attractive men have more mating opportunities and are less satisfied and committed,” the Mirror quoted him, as saying.
The study is published in the Journal of Family Psychology. (ANI)
- Frequent sex 'protects' neurotic people's marital happiness - Dec 08, 2010
- Why getting mad at your spouse is important - Jan 08, 2011
- Getting mad at your spouse may be the secret to a happy married life - Jan 30, 2011
- Frequent sex makes neurotic newlyweds happy - Dec 09, 2010
- Secret to a happy marriage: Get angry - Aug 04, 2012
- Frequent sex can save an unhappy marriage: Study - Dec 10, 2010
- No kids 'the secret to marital bliss' - Mar 01, 2011
- Britain is a nation of happy couples - Feb 15, 2011
- Nintendo Wii helps stroke patients recover - Jul 21, 2012
- Britain has happy couples, married or cohabiting - Feb 15, 2011
- High-earning wives 'more likely to pay the price with divorce' - Sep 09, 2010
- Court tells Delhi cops to protect newly-wed couple - Jun 11, 2012
- Women may not hesitate marrying low income men - Apr 08, 2012
- Want your relationship to last? Don't date a beautiful girl - Mar 03, 2011
- Brit grandma, 56, promises wedding to 9th toyboy is for keeps - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: american researchers, attractive men, couples, family psychology, girl dreams, gorgeous girls, gorgeous women, handsome hunk, happy marriage, hard evidence, jim mcnulty, london, marriage, marriage professor, mirror, negative feelings, prince, professor jim, psychologists, tennessee