Googles new SearchWiki tool allows users to edit search resultsNovember 21st, 2008 - 1:40 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, November 21 (ANI): Google has come up with a new tool for its users that will allow them to edit, delete, and comment on search results and share them with other users.
The new tool, known as SearchWiki, will be available with all of Google’’s English-language search services.
This will make it possible for internet users to rate and comment on search results, and see how others have rated theirs.
According to news.com.au, the new tool is expected to add a social networking dimension to the services provided by the Internet giant.
Those wishing to use the novel tool should be signed in to a Google account, and any changes they make will apply only their own results.
The key benefit that this feature offers is the customisation of results for common search terms, with which a user who frequently searched for information on “global financial crisis”, for example, could ensure Google returned the same sites every times that term was punched in.
The users could delete results, and also add another web page to their search that Google had not identified. (ANI)
- Google to include personal email in web search results - Aug 09, 2012
- Google launches 'cloud' service - Apr 25, 2012
- Google axes five products - Jul 04, 2012
- What's happening to your Google search engine? - Sep 20, 2010
- Google buys restaurant review guide Zagat - Sep 09, 2011
- Google buying social sharing firm Meebo - Jun 05, 2012
- Google Introduces "Speed Tracer" For Developers - Dec 09, 2009
- Google Instant: Search-Before-You-Type Technology Released - Sep 09, 2010
- Google.cn is now Google.com.hk, China says promise violated (Lead) - Mar 23, 2010
- Google unveils social network to challenge Facebook - Jun 29, 2011
- Google unveils Instant Previews, a new visual search result - Nov 10, 2010
- Google's email service faces glitch - Feb 28, 2011
- Google Buys Metaweb To Offer Enhanced Search Services - Jul 21, 2010
- Baidu launches own mobile platform - Sep 04, 2011
- Google launches custom tailored search feature - Aug 13, 2011
Tags: benefit, customisation, english language, global financial crisis, google, internet giant, internet users, language search, melbourne, news com au, novel tool, search services, search terms, services provided by the internet, social networking, web page