Google among top ten brands in the worldSeptember 19th, 2008 - 4:19 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney , Sept 19 (ANI): Internet search engine Google has jumped ten spots to reach at number 10 in the list of the Best Global Brands 2008.
Google, which has built on its dominance in internet searches to expand into software, video, mapping and web browsing, was the undisputed king of the internet world, and its brand value had shot up by 43 per cent, from 21.9 billion dollars to 31.5 billion dollars, said a report in news.com.au.
According to the report, the annual study on the hottest brands in the world showed that tech companies put on the strongest showing, financial companies were the weakest, in.
Besides Google, Apple was the second brand which was the biggest mover in Interbrand’’s “definitive” 2008 Best Global Brands. Apple jumped 9 spots to 24.
To qualify for inclusion in the Best Global Brands 2008 list, each brand must derive at least a third of its earnings outside its home country, be recognisable outside of its base of customers, and have publicly available marketing and financial data.
Coca-Cola took the top spot for the eighth year in a row thanks to its famous ad campaigns and knack for reinvention. IBM pushed ahead of Microsoft for the first change to the top four since at least 2001. GE held onto fourth position.
The top ten brands, according to the Best Global Brands 2008 list are:
10. Google (ANI)
- US dominates global leading brand list - Sep 16, 2010
- Apple topples Google as top global brand - May 10, 2011
- Apple now most valuable global brand - May 09, 2011
- Benz is Britain's favourite consumer super brand - Feb 28, 2011
- Top 20 cash-rich American companies (To go with: US wallows in debt but its firms hoard $2 trillion in cash) - Aug 08, 2011
- Airtel, ICICI among 'top 100 global brands' - May 23, 2012
- Apple beats Google in 'war of global brands' - May 09, 2011
- Coca Cola plans to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Microsoft dethrones Google as UK's best brand - Jul 15, 2009
- Coca Cola to roll out special Tendulkar cans - Jul 18, 2011
- Dhoni made $26.5 million last year, Tendulkar $18.6 million - Aug 01, 2012
- Google world's first $100 bn brand - Apr 30, 2009
- Coke and Pepsi contain alcohol: study - Jun 27, 2012
- Coca-Cola, ISB to set up retail academy - Jan 10, 2011
- India, China sales boost Coca-Cola profits - Feb 10, 2010
Tags: billion dollars, coca cola, dominance, earnings, famous ad campaigns, global brands, google, inclusion, intel, interbrand, internet search engine, internet world, knack, mcdonalds, news com au, reinvention, search engine google, undisputed king, video mapping, web browsing