”Golmaal Returns” attempts to tickle audiences” funny boneSeptember 14th, 2008 - 6:38 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Sept 14 (ANI): Bollywood director Rohit Shetty unveiled the promo of his forthcoming film, ”Golmaal Returns” in Mumbai on Saturday.
The cast of the film includes Ajay Devgan, Arshad Warsi, Shreyas Talpade, Tusshar Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Anjana Sukhani, Amrita Arora and Celina Jaitley.
In the film Kareena Kapoor plays the role of a housewife who is addicted to soap opera serials, and begins suspecting her husband, played by Ajay Devgan, of adultery. Tusshar Kapoor is playing a struggling mute barber as Kareena’’s brother. Celina will be playing a South Indian girl and Amrita is in the role of Ajay’’s sister.
Director Rohit Shetty, known for his films like Zameen, Golmaal and Sunday said he wanted to dispel notions that the film ”Golmaal Returns” was the continuation of his earlier film Golmaal.
“The most important thing which I”m telling every one is that it is not the continuation of my earlier film Golmaal. It is a series and the new thing in this film is that there are four new girls especially the character of Kareena Kapoor is very funny. The final product is in front of us and we are very happy with the final result,” said Shetty.
Talking about his role in the film ”Golmaal Returns” actor Tusshar Kapoor said that he really worked hard on his role.
“I play the character of a dumb boy as I played in my last film ”Golmaal”, but in this film I enter in an advanced stage. In this film no one understands what I convey and when no one understands my language my frustration increases. Then I use various ways to make them understand what I am saying, this results in confusion and misunderstanding, which results in humour. So in this film there is a lot more for me to do,” said Kapoor.
Bollywood Actor, Celina Jaitley also seemed very excited about her role in the film, which she described as something different.
“I play the character of a South Indian girl named Mira Nair, I think the children are going to like my role in the film. I enact the role of simple girl who is a bit crazy. I think it is for the first time in my career I am doing this kind of a role so I really enjoyed doing it,” said Jaitley.
Songs are by Bollywood lyrics writer Sameer while music director Pritam composes the music.
The film is slated for October 31 release. (ANI)
- Rohit Shetty plans an action film after "Golmaal 3" - Oct 31, 2010
- 'There can't be another Rakhi Sawant' (movie Snippets) - Dec 20, 2011
- Ajay balances on vintage cars for 'Golmaal 3' (With Image) - Oct 02, 2010
- Golmaal 3 Movie Preview : The Crazy Gang Back Again - Nov 04, 2010
- Will Rohit Shetty strike gold with 'Golmaal 3'? - Nov 01, 2010
- Golmaal Returns or Billo Barber - which film will do well in the box office - Oct 21, 2008
- Golmaal 3: Will Rohit Shetty Get Lucky This Time? - Nov 03, 2010
- I still have lots to explore: Ajay Devgn - Oct 27, 2010
- 'Golmaal' has now become a brand: Ajay Devgan - Nov 10, 2008
- Golmaal 3 Movie Review: Hilarious, Crazy, Once Again A Hit Formula! - Nov 06, 2010
- Johnny Lever does Golmaal - Jan 30, 2010
- Ajay Devgn my lucky charm: Tusshar Kapoor - Feb 29, 2012
- I auditioned for Oscar-nominated Roland Joffe: Tusshar Kapoor - May 08, 2011
- Ajay Devgn gets grungy makeover for 'Golmaal 3' (With Image) - Apr 13, 2010
- Naagin dance scares Sharman (Movie Snippets) (With Image) - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: adultery, ajay devgan, amrita arora, anjana sukhani, arshad warsi, celina jaitley, dumb boy, final result, forthcoming film, funny bone, indian girl, kapoor kareena, kareena kapoor, last film, mira nair, new girls, Shreyas Talpade, soap opera, tusshar kapoor, zameen