Godhra riots: Gujarat HC issues notice to Maya KodnaniFebruary 24th, 2009 - 5:48 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Feb 24 (ANI): The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday issued notice to state minister Maya Kodnani on an application filed by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) seeking cancellation of her anticipatory bail.
The Court has also issued notice to Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Jaideep Patel and asked the two to explain the reason for not admitting a petition and fixing the hearing for March 2.
The petition has come up before Justice D. H. Waghela as earlier Justice A. S. Dave had refused to take up the case.
Kodnani is accused in Naroda Patiya and Naorda Gam case, while Patel is accused in the Naroda Gam case.
In Naorda Patiya case, 95 people were killed and 38 injured while in Naroda Gam case, 11 people were died and nine injured during the post-Godhra riots.
SIT had claimed in an affidavit that Maya was instigating the mob to commit crime. It has also been revealed that she distributed swords among the mob.
SIT was formed by the Supreme Court to reinvestigate nine post Godhra riot cases in Gujarat. (ANI)
- BJP lawmaker, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya killings - Aug 31, 2012
- Maya Kodnani sent to judicial custody - Apr 09, 2009
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- BJP legislator, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya carnage (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Kodnani conviction shows rule of law in Gujarat: BJP - Sep 01, 2012
- Gujarat HC rejects Maya Kodnani's bail plea - Mar 27, 2009
- Supreme Court orders SIT to probe role of Modi, 63 others in post-Godhra riot cases - Apr 27, 2009
- Gujarat riot victims hail life terms for accused - Aug 31, 2012
- Why shouldn't bail be cancelled, court asks Kodnani and Patel - Feb 24, 2009
- Naroda witnesses happy with court verdict (With Image) - Aug 29, 2012
- Supreme Court orders retrial of Gujarat riots by fast track courts - May 01, 2009
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister Kodnani, 31 convicted (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- SC to decide on speedy trial of Gujarat riots cases - May 01, 2009
- BJP mum on Maya Kodnani's sentence - Aug 31, 2012
- BJP downplays ex-Gujarat minister's conviction - Aug 29, 2012