Godhra cases report to be submitted by 15th FebJanuary 21st, 2009 - 6:56 pm ICT by ANI
Gandhinagar, Jan 21 (ANI): The Special Investigation Team (SIT), re-investigating into nine post- Godhra riot cases is expected to submit its report to Supreme Court by February 15.
The Supreme Court formed the five-member SIT to re-investigate the Godhra train burning case and some post-Godhra riot cases.
Several prominent leaders like, Maya Kodnani of BJP and Jaydeep Patel of Vishwa Hindu Parishad are at the center of investigation, following many witnesses naming them in their statements in the Naroda Gam riot case.
SIT has filed a 300-page supplementary charge sheet against 24 people in the Naroda Gam case in which 11 people, belonging to the minority community, were killed by a mob during the riots.
The accused include, Fula Vyas of VHP, local BJP leader Jitendra Patel and ex-BJP municipal councilor Ashok Patel.
Investigation team has also filed a second charge sheet in Naroda Patiya case against 15 accused, where over 80 people were killed during the Godhra riots.
Meanwhile, the third chargesheet in Gulburg society case, named some VHP and BJP leaders in the list of absconders among the 14 accused, where 38 people were killed including former Member of Parliament, Ehsan Jafrey.
The five member SIT team is headed by R. Raghavan, and includes former Deputy General of Police C.D. Satpathy and 3 Indian Police Officers Geetha Johri, Shivanand Jha and Ashish bhatia.
Each chapter in the report is being carefully drafted and separate reports are being prepared for each of the nine cases. (ANI)
- Supreme Court orders SIT to probe role of Modi, 63 others in post-Godhra riot cases - Apr 27, 2009
- Supreme Court orders retrial of Gujarat riots by fast track courts - May 01, 2009
- SC to decide on speedy trial of Gujarat riots cases - May 01, 2009
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- SIT chief says Godhra report will be submitted within deadline - Jan 21, 2009
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister Kodnani, 31 convicted (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat minister accused in Naroda Gam riots gets bail (Lead) - Feb 05, 2009
- Gujarat minister accused in 2002 riots seeks anticipatory bail - Feb 03, 2009
- Godhra riots: Gujarat HC issues notice to Maya Kodnani - Feb 24, 2009
- BJP legislator, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya carnage (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- BJP downplays ex-Gujarat minister's conviction - Aug 29, 2012
- Maya Kodnani sent to judicial custody - Apr 09, 2009
- Gujarat riots: Court allows voice sample test of Bajrangi - Dec 06, 2010
- SIT files charge sheets against Kodnani, Patel (Lead) - May 01, 2009
- Kodnani conviction shows rule of law in Gujarat: BJP - Sep 01, 2012
Tags: absconders, ashish, ashok patel, bjp leader, bjp leaders, councilor, deputy general, ehsan, fula, gandhinagar, godhra riots, indian police, investigation team, jha, member of parliament, minority community, raghavan, supplementary charge, vishwa hindu parishad, vyas