Goa seeks Centre nod for green-field airport todayJuly 14th, 2008 - 11:38 am ICT by ANI
Panaji, July 14 (ANI): The Goa Government will formally present a report to Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today, seeking his nod for a green-field international airport at Mopa in North Goa.
This would be the second airport in the tourist state which is already equipped with an international airport at Dabolim.
A special committee set up by the Union Government to study the airport controversy in Goa on May 31, had earlier given a green signal for the proposed new international airport. The proposal had been put on hold for over a year, after the erstwhile Congress-led state government faced opposition for a second airport when South Goa-based Dabolim international airport could be continued for civilian use with major expansion.
The former South Goa MP Churchill Alemao had virtually compelled the Congress” central leadership to study the viability of two international airports for the tiny tourist state. (ANI)
- Opposition to Goa airport project continues - Apr 26, 2012
- Dabolim airport will not be shut for civilians: Parrikar - Jul 19, 2012
- Goa should look beyond beaches for tourism: Governor - Jan 26, 2011
- Farmers block officials from inspecting airport site - May 11, 2011
- Goa Trinamool promises to return farm land - Feb 05, 2012
- Tenders for Goa's second international airport by September - Apr 23, 2012
- Goa Government seeks Central nod for greenfield airport - Jul 13, 2008
- Cabinet approves new international airport for Goa - Jun 10, 2010
- Goa government dragging its feet on Mopa airport: BJP - Aug 17, 2009
- Goa Greenfield International Airport project gets clearance - Jun 10, 2010
- British MP's political outing in Goa draws flak - Feb 14, 2012
- Goa will be finished if more tourists come: minister - Jun 05, 2009
- All four members of Alemao family lose - Mar 06, 2012
- 10 Congress dissidents threaten to topple Goa government - Dec 22, 2010
- Goa Inc quotes Chidambaram to remind Kamat about failed promises - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: central leadership, centre nod, churchill alemao, controversy, dr manmohan singh, erstwhile, goa government, international airports, july 14, manmohan, manmohan singh, mopa, mp, north goa, prime minister, south goa, special committee, state government, union government, viability