Goa Governor escapes bid on lifeNovember 24th, 2007 - 2:41 pm ICT by admin
Kohima, Nov 24 (ANI): Goa Governor S C Jamir escaped an attack by unidentified assailants near Changki village in Nagalands Mokokchung District on Saturday morning.
Former Chief Minister of Nagaland escaped unhurt while his security personnel received injuries in the attack.
According to sources, the incident took place when attackers fired mortar at Jamir’s motorcade. He was on his way to Dimapur from Mokokchung.
The incident took place around 6:30 a.m. on Nagaland-Assam border road.
This is the fourth attempt on the life of Jamir in the last two decades. (ANI)
- Army stages flag march in Nagaland - Sep 02, 2012
- Nagaland Chief Minister's aide escapes attack - Jul 06, 2012
- Panic post Assam riots exposes human trafficking in Goa mines (Goa Newsletter) - Aug 25, 2012
- 14 killed in two Nagaland accidents - Jan 06, 2012
- A septuagenarian popularising Hindi in Nagaland - May 28, 2010
- Five-time Nagaland chief minister loses by-poll - May 13, 2011
- Fire guts Nagaland CM's residence, narrow escape for family - Feb 08, 2011
- Assailants ambush police van, three prisoners killed (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Iraqi minister survives car blast - Mar 08, 2012
- Fire at Nagaland CM's residence, family escapes unhurt (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Nagaland government appeals for calling off blockade - Aug 21, 2012
- 4 killed, 14 hurt in Karachi suicide attack (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- Prison van attacked in Haryana, three dead - Mar 10, 2012
- Dawood's brother attacked, aide killed (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Businessman attacked in Delhi - Jun 20, 2011