Goa court rejects Pacheco’s bail plea in Nadia death caseJuly 7th, 2010 - 4:45 pm ICT by ANI
Panaji, July 7 (ANI): A local court here on Wednesday rejected the bail plea of former Goa Tourism Minister Francisco Pacheco in connection with the death of his female friend Nadia Torrado in Chennai.
Additional Sessions judge Pramod Kamat denied bail to Pacheco, who is currently undergoing treatment for hypertension, jaundice and urinary tract infection at the Hospicio hospital in Margao.
Pacheco had surrendered before the court on Saturday after the Supreme Court rejected his anticipatory bail petition.
The apex court, in it’s ruling on July 1, said that tampering with evidence by Pacheco could not be ruled out.
On June 21, the Bombay High Court had rejected Pacheco’s anticipatory bail application. The court also turned down the bail application of Pacheco’s personal secretary Lyndon Monteiro.
Both Pacheco and Monteiro are accused in Nadia Torrado’s death.
Twenty-eight-year old Nadia passed away after allegedly consuming poison on May 30 in Chennai.
Police have charged Pacheco with culpable homicide, while Monteiro has been accused of destroying evidence.
The Margao Sessions court had earlier rejected anticipatory bail pleas of both Pacheco and Monteiro.
The Crime Banch of the Goa Police, which had interrogated Pacheco on June 5, wanted his custodial interrogation, as they were yet to recover two mobiles and a laptop belonging to Nadia.
Police claimed that Nadia’s body had 14 bruise marks, which were noticed during a postmortem conducted on her body in Chennai. (ANI)
- Nadia death case: Supreme Court rejects Goa ex-minister Pacheco's bail plea - Jul 01, 2010
- Ex Goa minister Pacheco applies for bail before Supreme Court - Jun 30, 2010
- Torrado death case: Pacheco surrenders before Margao court - Jul 03, 2010
- Pacheco may have got fake medical certificates: prosecution - Jul 06, 2010
- Pacheco sent to two days judicial custody, hospitalised (Third Lead) - Jul 03, 2010
- Pacheco sent to two days judicial custody (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2010
- Jail authorities pulled up for not producing Pacheco in court - Jul 05, 2010
- Pacheco surrenders in court (Lead) - Jul 03, 2010
- Goa court rejects ministerial aide's anticipatory bail plea - Jun 09, 2010
- Nadia death case: Goa Police summon Pacheco's wife - Jun 12, 2010
- Nadia death case: Former Goa minister Pacheco gets bail - Jul 26, 2010
- Nadia death case: Pacheco to move Goa High Court for bail - Jun 14, 2010
- Former Goa tourism minister booked for culpable homocide (Lead) - Jun 10, 2010
- Goa court rejects former minister's anticipatory bail plea - Jun 10, 2010
- Police free to arrest Pacheco: Court - Jul 07, 2010
Tags: apex court, bail plea, bail pleas, banch, bombay high court, culpable homicide, custodial interrogation, death case, destroying evidence, francisco pacheco, goa police, goa tourism, kamat, margao, personal secretary, pramod, sessions court, tampering with evidence, torrado, tourism minister