Goa blast: Second injured man dies in hospitalOctober 20th, 2009 - 11:58 am ICT by ANI
Madgaon (Goa), Oct.20 (ANI): A second man injured in a scooter bomb blast in Madgaon on October 16, Yogesh Naik, died on Tuesday morning. He had been hospitalized at the Goa Medical College on Friday after the blast and had been in a critical condition since. Malgonda Patil, who was injured in the blast alongwith Naik, had died on Friday night.
Both the men were suspects in the blast and the police had registered a case against them under sections of the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act and the Indian Penal Code for waging war against the nation. Malgonda was from Sangli district of Maharashtra, while Yogesh Naik was a Goa resident. Goa’s Transport Minister, Sudhin Davalkar, meanwhile, finds himself fighting off allegations that his family may in some way be linked to last Friday’s blast.Davalkar’s wife spends three hours every day with Sanatan Sanstha, the Hindu right-wing group that’s accused of the blast.
The scooter used to trigger the blast belonged to Nishad Bakle, a man related to the minister. Davalkar has claimed that his wife volunteers with the Sanstha, and visits their ashram to meditate. Davalkar also says the scooter used in the blast was sold by his relative a few months ago.
There are also reports of the Goa Government considering a proposal to ban the sanstha for its alleged illegal activities. (ANI)
- BJP demands CBI enquiry in Goa blast; police deny naming Sanatan Sanstha (Lead) - Oct 20, 2009
- 'Goa blast accused was an evangelist' - May 24, 2010
- Goa blast - another Sanatan Sanstha member succumbs to injuries - Oct 20, 2009
- Goa blast a result of intelligence failure: Home minister - Nov 03, 2009
- Goa BJP leaders support us: Sanatan Sanstha - Oct 28, 2009
- Goa Police 'U' turn: Sanatan Sanstha not involved in blast - Oct 21, 2009
- Goa blast accused named others before dying - Oct 21, 2009
- 11 Hindu right wing activists charged for Goa blast (Lead) - May 17, 2010
- Margao blast: Goa Police arrest two people (Update) - Oct 31, 2009
- Margao blast: Goa Police arrest two people - Oct 31, 2009
- Two killed in Goa blast, Hindu group blamed (Fourth Lead) - Oct 17, 2009
- Two arrested for Goa blast (Lead) - Oct 31, 2009
- Transcript shows CID official knew Goa blast accused - Oct 18, 2009
- Sanatan Saunstha responsible for Goa blast, says minister (Lead) - Oct 17, 2009
- Goa blast: Charges to be framed against four - Jul 14, 2010
Tags: ashram, bomb blast, critical condition, goa government, goa medical, hindu, illegal activities, indian penal code, last friday, madgaon, maharashtra, medical college, naik, prevention act, sanatan sanstha, scooter, second man, transport minister, tuesday morning, yogesh