Global despair inspires designer’’s creations at fashion weekMarch 21st, 2009 - 3:11 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 21 (ANI): Prevalent despair in the society due to global meltdown and other current trends inspired fashion designer Raghavendra Rathore’’s Autumn/Winter collections at the ongoing India Fashion Week in New Delhi.
The dark mood wsa reflected in the attires, which the designer presented at the show.
According to Rathore, he drew inspiration from the left hand and its fabled darkness, which was emphasised by him on the left side of the clothes through cuts and stitching lines.
Rich coloured prints and black colour supplemented Rathore’’s thoughts as well as the symbolic life to the collection.
“What is happening in our social landscape right now? Third Front opening up in politics, all the depression happened in Mumbai, and also the financial situation that is happening in the world. So taking all these things into account, we have tried to take the message onto the clothes. So, all the left sides of the clothes were highlighted,” said Rathore.
While Rathore’’s show had a sombre touch, designer Nikki Mahajan presented an animated show with a background music rendered by a live band.
As she put it, it was an inspiration from different aspects of life that she termed through her collections named ”Fragments” which lived up to its name through diverse set of ensembles.
Varied colours like blue, green, black, maroon, brown, gold and red, reflected the jewelled hues on hand-crafted meticulous Indian fabric.
Simple feminine dresses with intricate, feathery and floral wooden block prints in net, velvet, lace and silks gave an extraordinary appeal of luxurious lifestyle to Mahajan’’s collection.
“It’’s like all small-small things joined together. Like you have one set of embroideries, different set of fabrics, different silhouettes, fragments is all about putting everything together,” said Mahajan.
This gala event will conclude on March 23. (ANI)
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
- Aspiring designers impresses at international fashion fest - Mar 22, 2012
- LFW: Jatin Verma, Vizyon showcase a glamorous, gothic collection - Aug 04, 2012
- Designer brings spirit of Mexico alive at LFW - Aug 03, 2012
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- 'Mantilla' a hand-stitched line by Jaya Rathore (With Images) - Jun 21, 2011
- For creativity, say no to commerce: Sabyasachi Mukherjee (Interview) - Apr 09, 2011
- Designer mixes Persian prints with punk look - Aug 20, 2011
- Dongre's tribute to Indian textiles at LFW (With Images) - Jul 28, 2012
- West on backburner: Designers endorse Indian heritage - Feb 22, 2012
- Nikasha's 'romantic' collection for WIFW - Oct 05, 2011
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
- JLo's style, chutzpah inspires designer Charu Parashar - Apr 07, 2011
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- Indian brocade big time hit among Europeans - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: aspects of life, attires, autumn winter, block prints, brown gold, coloured prints, current trends, dark mood, embroideries, fashion designer, feminine dresses, financial situation, gala event, global meltdown, hues, india fashion week, indian fabric, luxurious lifestyle, silhouettes, social landscape