Give full talk-time on recharges: TRAISeptember 1st, 2008 - 9:13 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sep 1 (ANI): Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) today directed telecom operators to waive off the processing charge on the top-up cards of recharges, resulting in full talk time.
Prepaid mobile subscribers will henceforth, have to pay just an administrative fee not exceeding Rs. two per recharge and other applicable taxes, TRAI said.
TRAI said that it has come to its notice that telecoms are deducting a fixed amount even for recharges exclusively meant for providing talk time to subscribers who already have validity.
The telecom regulator felt that levy of a second processing fee when the customer buys talk time through exclusive top-ups is unjustified as such subscribers had already obtained validity by paying a fixed fee.
TRAI is taking initiatives for making the telecom service more consumers friendly and transparent.
This is one among many initiates taken by the regulator in its latest policy directives for telecom operators.
The other policy directives given by TRAI includes asking operators to make the tariff related information available in regional languages also, other than English.
Moreover, existing customers on the lifetime plans can now migrate to new lifetime plans with lower entry fee without having to make additional payment or recharges. (ANI)
- Customers to pay Rs.1 more on every mobile recharge above Rs.20 - Apr 19, 2012
- Telecom watchdog allows full talk time on recharges - Sep 01, 2008
- Pre-paid Airtel customers to get detailed bills now - Feb 13, 2012
- Keep consumers in loop on charges: Telecom regular - Jan 06, 2012
- No outstanding dues to BSNL: Telcos - Sep 10, 2011
- BSNL's disconnection threat illegal and coercive: Private operators - Sep 13, 2011
- TRAI asks operators to offer per second-billing plan (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 20, 2012
- Operators must offer calls at 1 paisa per second plan: TRAI - Apr 20, 2012
- Reliance Communications launches new prepaid scheme in Delhi - Dec 14, 2011
- 'Lifetime plans should be offered till telecom permit allows' - Sep 05, 2012
- Government hangs up on telemarketers - Dec 01, 2010
- Prepaid mobile recharges stalled in Kashmir - Feb 16, 2012
- TRAI issues notices to operators for violating norms - Aug 17, 2011
- Kashmir police withdraw order on prepaid mobile recharges - Feb 17, 2012
- Actual tele-density is 41 not 66 percent: Study - May 03, 2011
Tags: administrative fee, mobile subscribers, policy directives, regional languages, talk time, telecom operators, telecom regulator, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, telecom service