Girls turning slaves to celeb cultureOctober 15th, 2008 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 15 (ANI): Young girls are so impressed with celebrity life that they either want to be famous or marry a footballer, according to UKs Culture Minister.
Barbara Follett, who is married to a millionaire novelist, stated that girls either want to ape celebs or marry footballers, and such lack of ambition among kids would take them to poverty.
There is not enough aspiration among kids and not enough application once they get into schools, The Sun quoted Barbara, as saying.
The minister addressed young girls as Barbie Dolls in the making, at a project launch in Sufflok and urged the teachers to inculcate the value of contribution among kids.
Our society is in danger of being Barbie-dolled. I would like teachers to make kids realise what a contribution they have to make, she said. (ANI)
- Barbie doll-maker slammed over recruitment of models as young as 12 - Feb 13, 2011
- India has more English speaking readers than England: Ken Follett (Interview) - Dec 15, 2010
- Barbie doll creator dead - Jul 24, 2011
- Barbie Doll Camera Boycott Urged By Psychologists - Nov 02, 2010
- New Barbie with hidden camera branded a "gift to paedophiles" - Nov 03, 2010
- Barbie dresses up to impress 21st century youngsters - Mar 17, 2010
- Christine Bleakley: 'Girls who want to be WAGs make me despair' - Feb 22, 2011
- Emily Blunt wanted to be a boy - Dec 20, 2010
- FBI Issues Warning Notice About Barbie "Video Girl" Doll - Dec 05, 2010
- Bring Barbie to your bedroom this festive season - Sep 25, 2010
- "Barbie Video Girl" - A Trap Set By Pedophiles? - Dec 24, 2010
- New Barbie dolls for Olympics 2012 - Jul 26, 2012
- 'Busty Barbie' creates a controversy - May 25, 2010
- Barbie dolls inspired by Kardashian sisters - Jan 06, 2012
- No Recall For New 'Busty Barbie' in 'Barbie Basic's Collection - May 26, 2010