Gilani’s daughter embroiled in child custody battleJune 6th, 2009 - 1:01 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, June 6 (ANI): Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani’s daughter has been dragged into a legal battle, with her ex-husband approaching a local guardian court seeking custody of their nine-year-old son, Asfandyar.
Acting upon Khurram’s plea, the judge has issued a notice to Fiza Batool, restraining her from taking the child out of the territorial jurisdiction of the court.
The court has also directed Fiza to appear before the court for the next date of hearing, along with her son, The Nation reports.
The couple, which tied the knot in 1998, decided to separate three years ago.
Khurram in his custody suit said his son was living with Fiza for the last three years, and has now attained the age of nine years.
According to law, he pleaded, he was now entitled to have his son’s custody as the natural guardian.
He urged the court to get him an interim custody of the child till the final decision of the court is delivered, or at least he be allowed to meet his son in the court’s premises.
Khurram had also appealed the court to issue directions to the immigration authorities not to allow his ex-wife to take his child out of the country. (ANI)
- Delhi court asks police to protect blind man from ex-wife - Jun 27, 2012
- Charlie Sheen passes child custody drug test - Mar 23, 2011
- Sheen claims he reached custody agreement with Brooke - Mar 04, 2011
- Abandoned by all, Indian boy finds Italian home - Jan 31, 2011
- Custody disputes: Call for India to sign Hague Convention - May 27, 2011
- Woman double-crosses court for son's custody, gets rap - Feb 25, 2012
- Court tells police to trace, reunite minor boy with mother (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Jesse James gets full custody of daughter - Jul 28, 2011
- Indian courts can't decide NRI family disputes: high court - Mar 09, 2010
- James would walk through fire for kids - Jul 22, 2012
- Guy Ritchie's girlfriend pregnant again? - Jul 19, 2012
- Jesse James Breaks Down In Court, Admits Hitting Rockbottom - Jul 16, 2010
- Andre looking for fun, not partner - Apr 10, 2012
- Liz Hurley's son wants be actor - Dec 29, 2011
- Mel Gibson And Oksana Grigorieva's Restraining Order Controversy Creates Buzz - Jun 27, 2010
Tags: child custody battle, final decision, gilani, immigration authorities, interim custody, knot, natural guardian, nine years, pakistan, plea, premises, prime minister, raza, territorial jurisdiction, yousaf