Germany beats Turkey to enter Euro 2008 finalJune 26th, 2008 - 2:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 26 (ANI): Left back Philipp Lahm scored a last-gasp winner past Turkish goalie Rustu Recber to send Germany into the Euro 2008 final on Wednesday.
Lahm fired home in the 90th minute to settle a thrilling semi-final against the impressive Turks, and he now believes his country will lift the trophy.
Bastian Schweinsteiger and Miroslav Klose had overturned Ugur Boral’s opener, only for Semih Senturk to stun the Germans with a late leveller.
Yet Lahm had the last word. He said: “This was an extreme match but we’re happy to have reached the final. It shows our amazing belief. I was so pleased to score the winner because I felt I was at fault for Turkey’s equaliser.”
“To go 2-2 down just before the end and then produce the winner, and all in a European Championship semi-final, I can certainly say it’s the most important goal I’ve ever scored.
“I hope we can go on to win the title now.” (ANI)
- Germany enter Euro 2008 final - Jun 26, 2008
- Germany enter Euro 2008 finals after beating Turkey (Lead) - Jun 26, 2008
- Schweinsteiger to miss Germany's World Cup qualifiers - Aug 31, 2012
- Germany reveal provisional squad for Euro 2012 - May 08, 2012
- Turkey get a bitter taste of their own late-goal medicine - Jun 26, 2008
- Euro 2012: Germany down Dutch 2-1 on Gomez double - Jun 14, 2012
- We are not the favourites: German soccer coach - Jun 02, 2012
- German coach Loew drops Cacau from Euro 2012 squad - May 29, 2012
- Loew is proud of his team but leaves his future open - Jul 11, 2010
- World Cup now "in our own hands", Germany's Loew says - Jul 04, 2010
- Klose winner gives Germany best of Euro 2012 starts - Sep 04, 2010
- Lahm to skipper Germany at World Cup; Neuer is keeper - May 28, 2010
- FIFA World Cup: Germany thrash Australia 4-0 - Jun 14, 2010
- Germany revamps squad for Uruguay game - Jul 11, 2010
- Germany flatten Greece 4-2 to make Euro semis - Jun 23, 2012