German hair stylists get a taste of India in GoaNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:49 am ICT by admin
Natasha Naegamvala, who conceptualised the visit of the Germans, felt that the best way to give them an exposure to Indian culture, including different kinds of hairstyles, was to arrange for the mock wedding.
They were also shown a Bollywood movie which featured a wedding.
“I was told me that they wanted to watch an Indian wedding as shown in a Bollywood movie. In addition to the actual marriage, they were also shown a movie,” said Natasha Naegamvala, hair designer from Mumbai.
“I put up the things in a way so that they can learn as well as enjoy the Indian culture and tradition. The Germans were fantastic and their response was also great . The guests said that they saw more than what they expected” said Natasha Naegamvala, hair designer from Mumbai.
The entire set up for the mock marriage was given a traditional look. The guests were offered drinks and Goan food on the wedding ceremony.
Cornelia, one of the German guests, said that she liked the whole concept and really enjoyed the party which gave her a chance to relish Indian culture to the fullest.
“It was so beautiful and the style of the people in India is really great. The people over here are so relaxed and they are very friendly,” said Cornelia.
Udo Brand, another German, said that they learnt about the Indian culture and traditional wedding style.
“The party was amazing and we have learnt about the Indian culture and tradition. It was so impressive and we really enjoyed it,” said Udo Brand, another German.
During the wedding ceremony, the German nationals were attired in Indian clothes like Kurta-Pyjama and Pagri (turban). The ladies wore sarees. (ANI)
- Brand, Perry to have seven-day wedding in India - Oct 04, 2010
- Russell Brand To Arrive On White Horse To Wed Fiancé Katy Perry - Oct 23, 2010
- Russell Brand And Katy Perry's “Very Normal” Wedding To Take Place This Weekend - Oct 20, 2010
- Russell Brand And Katy Perry To Have Seven-Day Wedding In India - Oct 05, 2010
- Perry And Brand Plan To Have A Seven Day Long Wedding In India - Oct 05, 2010
- (After 12) Cash registers jingle as foreigners wed in Rajasthan - Nov 02, 2010
- Katy Perry wants to wear an Indian tiara for her wedding - Oct 04, 2010
- Resse Witherspoon shows off her wedding ring - Apr 04, 2011
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot - Jun 29, 2012
- Katy Perry: No Intimacy Before Marriage - Oct 19, 2010
- Russell Brand ties the knot with Katy Perry in big, fat Indian jungle wedding - Oct 24, 2010
- Wedding will be normal: Russell Brand - Oct 15, 2010
- Our married life is ordinary: Brand - Feb 14, 2011
- Brand asked to take Hindu marriage ceremony seriously (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: bollywood, cornelia, german nationals, germans, goan food, hair designer, India, indian clothes, indian culture, indian wedding, kurta pyjama, mock marriage, mock wedding, mumbai, natasha, tradition, udo, wedding ceremony