General V. K. Singh says infiltration attempts are on the rise across LoCOctober 11th, 2010 - 5:15 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 11 (ANI): Army Chief General V. K. Singh on Monday said the number of infiltration attempts across the Line of Control (LoC) have gone up in the last two months, but the Army has been successful in foiling them.
Amid reports of Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Salahuddin visiting training camps in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) along the Line of Control (LoC), General Singh said anyone, who tries to infiltrate would not be spared.
“Salahuddin is on the other side. We are not worried about wherever he roams. In view of the Indian Army, I would like to say that as far as infiltration is concerned we have achieved in controlling it to some extent. Our strategy out there is such that those who infiltrate and enter the country are later killed,” said General Singh, while addressing the media persons here on the sidelines of a function to welcome a team of army expedition team.
“In the last two months, we have gained a lot of success because there was a lot of attempt of infiltration in the country. So we are not worried about with whom he is roaming around, but if they try to infiltrate then they will also be killed like his other fellowmen,” he added.
General Singh further said the security forces have killed about 35 to 40 terrorists and foiled approximately 20-25 infiltration attempts in the last two months. (ANI)
- Over 400 militants waiting to enter valley: Army - May 23, 2012
- If Salahuddin tries to infiltrate, he'll be killed: Army chief - Oct 11, 2010
- Infiltration bid foiled, Army man injured - Nov 24, 2010
- Four infiltration bids foiled in eight days in Kashmir - Aug 06, 2011
- Army foils infiltration bid in Uri, three militants killed - Oct 23, 2010
- India monitoring border developments for national security: Krishna - Apr 06, 2011
- Major infiltration bid foiled, 12 Lashkar men killed (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Youth 'kidnapped' by LeT returns to India from PoK - Jun 13, 2012
- 100 guerrillas waiting to sneak into Kashmir: Army - Dec 19, 2011
- Four guerrillas killed while crossing LoC - May 10, 2012
- Paharis moot meeting community in PoK for ST status drive - Sep 09, 2012
- Soldier killed while foiling infiltration bid - Aug 09, 2012
- 'Kashmir counter-insurgency operations in more difficult phase' - Jan 10, 2012
- Omar for sustained Indo-Pak dialogue and 'J-K centric' CBMs - Apr 07, 2012
- Pakistan appreciated after Indian chopper returns safely - Oct 23, 2011
Tags: army chief, attempts, chief general, extent, indian army, infiltration, kashmir, last two months, loc, media persons, New Delhi, oct 11, pakistan, pok, security forces, sidelines, terrorists, training camps