Geelani stopped at Delhi airportMarch 1st, 2011 - 4:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 1 (IANS) Hardline Kashmiri separatist leader Syed Ali Geelani was stopped at the Delhi airport Tuesday by Delhi Police personnel who took him for questioning in connection with a money laundering case, police said. “Geelani was to board a flight to Srinagar when Delhi Police stopped him and took him to a Special Cell office in Lodhi Road for questioning,” a police officer told IANS.
The Delhi Police last month had asked Geelani, who heads the hardline faction of the separatist Hurriyat Conference, not to leave the capital as he was still being probed in the case.
After investigations in the ‘hawala’ case, Delhi Police had arrested four people allegedly associated with the Hizbul Mujahideen, a banned terrorist organisation. The four nabbed on Jan 22 were Mohammad Siddiq Ganai, Ghulam Gilani Laloo, Farooq Ahmed Dagga and Ghulam Mohammad Bhatt, all from Jammu and Kashmir.
During police remand, Ghulam Mohammad Bhatt told police of his association and financial dealings with Geelani.
- Geelani stopped from boarding flight to Srinagar (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Geelani asked to meet Delhi Police in hawala case - Feb 21, 2011
- Four charged in Kashmir hawala racket - Feb 18, 2012
- Delhi Police stops Geelani from going to Srinagar - Mar 01, 2011
- Trial of Geelani's aide begins - Apr 17, 2012
- Geelani aide moves high court for dropping of charges - Apr 16, 2012
- Four to stand trial for funding Kashmir terror (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Hawala money seized in Srinagar, three arrested - Jan 23, 2011
- Separatist leaders called for shutdown in Kashmir - Feb 22, 2011
- Geelani placed under house arrest in Srinagar - Mar 04, 2011
- Shutdown in Kashmir to protest curbs on Geelani in Delhi - Feb 22, 2011
- Omar tweets on Geelani - Feb 21, 2011
- Geelani making false claims of detention to create unrest in Valley: Omar Abdullah - Feb 23, 2011
- Separatist shutdown affects life in Kashmir - Jun 11, 2012
- Kashmir interlocutors to submit 'initial' report in two weeks - Feb 23, 2011
Tags: ahmed, dagga, delhi airport, delhi police, faction, farooq, financial dealings, ghulam mohammad, gilani, hizbul mujahideen, hurriyat conference, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, laloo, money laundering, police officer, police remand, separatist leader, siddiq, terrorist organisation