Geelani hits streets against Modi, BJPNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:54 am ICT by admin
Yesterday, Tehelka claimed that its investigation into 2002 post Godhra riots in Gujarat found that the massacre of Muslims were carried out in full knowledge and sanction of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
It claimed that the six-month long “investigation brings confirmation that the Gujarat murder of Muslims was not a spontaneous swell of anger, but a planned genocide strategised and executed by top functionaries of the RSS, the VHP, the Bajrang Dal and the state authorities, with the knowledge and sanction of Chief Minister Narendra Modi.”
The magazine quoted a BJP MLA, who said that he was present at the meeting in which Modi gave them “three days’ time to do whatever they wanted.”
“He had given us three days time…to do whatever we could. He said he would not give us time after that…He said this openly,” the news magazine quoted the MLA, as saying.
After three days “he (Modi) asked us to stop and everything came to a halt,” Haresh Bhatt, the then national co-coordinator of the Bajrang Dal was quoted, as saying.
“It appears that bombs were manufactured in factories owned by senior Bajrang Dal and VHP activists. Arms were smuggled from Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Punjab, and then distributed to execution squads led by MLAs and senior members of the Sangh Parivar. Consignments of arms were not just smuggled in once, but ‘there were tens and tens of them,” Tehelka said in a press statement.
The news magazine also claims that elaborate legal subversion was done to save those accused for their role in the genocide. To help the foot soldiers, who actually raped, killed and looted, the strategists had constituted a panel of lawyers sympathetic to Hindu cause. (ANI)
- Massacre of Muslims in Gujarat had sanctions of Modi: Tehelka - Nov 14, 2007
- Lalu demands immediate arrest of Modi, Advani - Nov 14, 2007
- Bajrangi said he felt like Rana Pratap after Naroda killings - Aug 29, 2012
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- CPM for using Tehelka footage as evidence in Gujarat riots case - Nov 14, 2007
- NGO files plea before Gujarat riots commission - May 14, 2010
- Let Modi concentrate on state first, says Katiyar - Sep 30, 2011
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister Kodnani, 31 convicted (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- 32 convicted in Naroda Patiya massacre - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat not against Muslims, says Sushma Swaraj - Sep 19, 2011
- Pakistani scholar's Gujarat remarks spark row - Mar 01, 2012
- BJP lawmaker, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya killings - Aug 31, 2012
- BJP downplays ex-Gujarat minister's conviction - Aug 29, 2012
- Congress attacks BJP over police officer's affidavit - Apr 22, 2011
- Gujarat riot victims hail life terms for accused - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: bajrang dal, bjp mla, chief minister, genocide, godhra riots, government of india, gujarat, hindu cause, investigation, jammu and kashmir, muslims, narendra modi, national co, news magazine, sanction, tehelka, tens, vhp