Gazza living on soupOctober 15th, 2008 - 7:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct.15 (ANI): Former England footballer Paul Gascoigne is living on a bizarre diet of soup, booze and cigarettes.
Though Gazza, 41, has told his family his drinking is under control, they are worried that he is not eating properly.
Gazza should have been having a replacement left hip fitted at the private Princess Grace hospital in Londons Harley Street this week but did not check in.
Instead, he shocked onlookers in the capital with his ghostly appearance when he dashed to the bank.
He was dressed all in black and looked like a ghost. He doesnt look like the same man I used to watch playing for England. It seems like hes wasting away, said one witness.
Sally Mulholland, 43, Gazzas cuurent girlfriend, a teetotal non-smoker, recently told a pal: Sometimes Paul doesnt eat properly.
Ive had to tell him: Im hungry, and hes apologised that he never thought about it.
A family friend said: He looks so thin hes hardly recognisable. He never eats. The most hell have is soup. He doesnt appear to do solids. (ANI)
- Gazza says will marry the woman who saved his life - Oct 13, 2008
- Gazzas mum believes his new love will save his life - Sep 29, 2008
- Gazza returns to UK after being spurned by Portugal-based lover - Nov 15, 2008
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza told have second hip operation or will become a cripple - Oct 10, 2008
- Gazza checks into rehab again - Jul 15, 2010
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- Gazza in new suicide scare - Nov 22, 2008
- Tipsy Gazza claims he use to provide criminal Moat with lager and chicken - Jul 10, 2010
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- Friends say Gazza to quit Britain for a new life in Portugal - Feb 04, 2009
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
Tags: apologised, appearance, booze and cigarettes, diet, england footballer, family friend, gazza, ghost, girlfriend, harley street, hell, london, mulholland, onlookers, paul gascoigne, princess grace hospital, sally, smoker, solids, witness