Gazza fighting drink and drug demons by talking to horses!December 11th, 2008 - 2:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 11 (ANI): Fallen footie legend Paul Gascoigne a.k.a Gazza has found a unique way to beat his booze and drug addiction talking to horses.
The 41-year-old has joined a rehab program known as Equine Assisted Psychotherapy according to which he is suppose to communicate with horses to relearn the art of dealing with other people and effectively socializing.
Gazza has been disconnected from the outer world, and has been banned from reading newspapers in a bid to fruitfully complete the 2,000 pounds-a-week treatment, New Age therapists claim.
Pals of Gazza are keeping their fingers crossed for his successful completion of the program, as this could his last hope after his encounter with self-destructive problems and a mounting debt.
Paul has been through rehab at places like The Priory, but has always gone back to his self-destructive ways. He knows this may be his last chance, The Sun quoted a pal, as saying.
Other addicts swear by horse therapy, which gently builds confidence and self-esteem. Pauls a gentle soul deep down and this could be perfect for him, the pal added. (ANI)
- Gazza's latest addiction - an iPad computer game - Sep 21, 2010
- Gazza, Greaves, to undertake stage show - Mar 24, 2011
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza to spend Xmas in rehab - Dec 10, 2008
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- Gascoigne back in rehab following cocaine arrest - Oct 25, 2010
- Friends say Gazza to quit Britain for a new life in Portugal - Feb 04, 2009
- Gazza faces Christmas behind bars after failing to appear before court - Nov 12, 2010
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
- Tipsy Gazza claims he use to provide criminal Moat with lager and chicken - Jul 10, 2010
- Gazza wants to change his name to 'Gassa' - Aug 29, 2012
- Drinking himself to death is Gazza''''s greatest fear - Feb 27, 2009
Tags: booze, demons, destructive problems, drug addiction, encounter, equine assisted psychotherapy, footie, gazza, gentle soul, horse therapy, horses, last chance, last hope, new age, pals, paul gascoigne, priory, reading newspapers, rehab program, self esteem