Gazza dying says his sisterJune 2nd, 2008 - 5:57 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 2 (ANI): The sister of troubled England football legend Paul Gascoigne fears he has less than four months to live.
Anna Marie Gascoigne fears Paul may not survive to be at her wedding in October, and adds that she only discovered how bad his booze addiction was when he drank bottle of gin in front of her in one go, reports The Sun.
With Gazza last night believed to be back in hospital, Anna Marie is now desperate for him to be sectioned under the Mental Health Act, so medics can try to help the former England star beat his depression-fuelled addiction to alcohol.
The troubled idol has been in and out of rehab over the past six years.
At the weekend, he dramatically collapsed at the Kings Cross Railway Station in London. Shocked onlookers saw the fallen hero being hauled off to hospital strapped to a wheelchair after arguing with police.
It is the latest in a whole series of booze-related collapses suffered recently by the former Tottenham, Newcastle, Lazio and Rangers star. He spiralled into depression following a hip replacement operation at Christmas that meant he would never kick a ball again.
Anna Marie lives near her divorced parents Carol and John, 62, sister Lindsay, 34, and brother Carl, 39, in the Dunston area of Gateshead. (ANI)
- Rescuers feared Gascoigne was dead after car crash - Jun 15, 2010
- Gascoigne regrets turning down Fergie's Man U offer earlier in his career - Mar 09, 2011
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Drunk Gascoigne taken to hospital after trashing Brit hotel with curry, puke and stubs - Oct 27, 2010
- Gazza's drink-driving charge dropped - Feb 11, 2011
- Gascoigne arrested for drink-fuelled disturbance in Newcastle - Dec 17, 2009
- Eric Clapton says he can rid Gazza of his booze addiction - Sep 23, 2008
- Gazza checks into rehab again - Jul 15, 2010
- Gazza arrested by police for causing criminal damage - Sep 19, 2008
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
Tags: anna marie, booze, brother carl, divorced parents, dunston, england football, england star, football legend, four months, gin, hip replacement, kings cross, lazio, medics, mental health act, onlookers, paul gascoigne, railway station, tottenham, wedding in october