Gay actor wants to be Daniel Craigs successor as James BondNovember 15th, 2008 - 6:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, November 15 (ANI): Gay actor John Barrowman, 41, has expressed his desire to become Daniel Craigs successor as James Bond.
The Torchwood star has even revealed that he had auditioned for the suave spys role before Pierce Brosnan, but the producers told him that he looked too young to play the character.
They really liked me but said to come back in 20 years, the Sun quoted him as saying.
Maybe in a few years time…who knows? he added.
When asked during a radio programme whether he would like to portray 007, Barrowman said: Bring it on baby.
However, some Bond fans believe that Barrowman, who married his gay lover two years ago, is not macho enough. (ANI)
- John Barrowman wants to be the next Bond - Nov 16, 2008
- Connery says no to Bond's 50th anniversary celebrations - Jan 31, 2011
- Craig wasn't interested in 'James Bond' role - Jul 22, 2011
- Pierce Brosnan says 007 role left him 'tangled up in his ego' - Aug 09, 2010
- New Bond writer to turn superspy into Afghan war veteran - Nov 02, 2010
- Clint Eastwood doesn't regret turning down 007 role - Feb 11, 2010
- No desire to play Bond again: Brosnan - Jun 16, 2010
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Brosnan couldn't digest Craig as Bond - Jan 28, 2010
- I'm done with directing Bond films: Martin Campbell (Interview) - Jun 15, 2010
- Pierce Brosnan thinks he 'never really nailed' 007 role - Apr 15, 2010
- James Bond Movie Cancelled Owing To Production Issues - Jul 07, 2010
- Zac Efron wants to play baddie in a James Bond movie - Nov 23, 2009
- British men spend 18 minutes daily looking handsome - Sep 16, 2011
- Robert Pattinson keen to play James Bond - Mar 18, 2010