Gawli joins hands with BSPFebruary 27th, 2009 - 7:32 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Feb 27 (ANI): Former mafia don and Maharashtra legislator Arun Gawlis party — Akhil Bharatiya Sena (ABS) on Friday joined hands with the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
Gawli will contest the Mumbai North Central Lok Sabha seat on a BSP ticket.
The ABS chief has already given a letter of consent to merge the two parties, BSP state president Vilas Garud said.
Congresss Eknath Gaekwad is presently representing the constituency.
Gawli was elected to the assembly from a south Mumbai constituency, Chinchpokli, in 2004. He was sent to custody in September last year in connection with an extortion case. (ANI)
- Arun Gawli's party to contest 25 seats in BMC polls - Jan 26, 2012
- Arun Gawli denied ticket, breaks away from BSP - Mar 27, 2009
- Don Arun Gawli opts out of poll, to support Milind Deora - Apr 07, 2009
- Arun Gawli, 11 others get life for corporator's murder (Roundup) - Aug 31, 2012
- Arun Gawli, 11 others get life for corporator's murder (Intro Roundup) - Aug 31, 2012
- Arun Gawli: The don is finally nailed - Aug 31, 2012
- Arun Gawli to contest LS polls from North Central Mumbai - Mar 27, 2009
- Maharashtra BSP chief roughed up by party workers - Feb 27, 2012
- Rebels, relatives in fray for BMC elections - Jan 31, 2012
- Mafia dons humbled at the ballot - Oct 22, 2009
- Arun Gawli, 11 others convicted for Sena leader's murder - Aug 24, 2012
- Supreme Court rejects Arun Gawli's bail plea (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Arun Gawli, 11 others get life for corporator's murder (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Shiv Sena's Sunil Prabhu is new Mumbai mayor - Mar 09, 2012
- Gawli's punishment for murder to be fixed Friday - Aug 28, 2012