Garba, Dandiya dance functions missing politicians dearlyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:21 am ICT by admin
Be it the government support that used to come as a major encouragement to the nine-day festivities or enthusiasm of the dancers who felt encouraged by the presence of political leaders, Dandiya Raas and Garba are not as exuberant this year.
“Earlier, the government used to be fully involved in the preparations of Navaratri, but due to the announcement of elections, the enthusiasm has been quite low. The organisers are holding the events but the encouragement that Government used to extend has very much ebbed down,” said Hirav Trivedi, one of the organisers of Garba functions.
The children, however, do not mind the absence of politicians. They are thrilled to be part of the celebrations.
“I enjoy a lot during Navaratri and it is my favourite festival. I love dancing,” said Shelvi, a participant.
Though elections for the State legislature will be held on December 7 in Gujarat the election’s code of conduct has already come into force since the announcement of elections was made be the Election Commission of India.
The Government of Gujarat has been sidelined from the events like Vibrant Gujarat. The bigwigs from industrial arena called GINFS (Gujarat Industries Navaratri Festival Society) have organised events like Nav-Shakti Gurjari and other events. On the whole, Navaratri fervour is missing this year in Ahmedabad. (ANI)
- Garba fever rocks Ahmedabad on eighth day of Navartri - Sep 27, 2009
- Dandiya fever catches up at Kingdom of Dreams - Oct 11, 2010
- Gujarat set to come alive, with dandia and garba - Sep 28, 2008
- Rajkots little Princess teaches Dandiya - Sep 12, 2008
- Dandiya and Garba dances influenced by Bollywood - Nov 14, 2007
- Modi inaugurates Navratri festival celebrations in Ahmedabad - Oct 01, 2008
- Gokul Dham goes Ahemdabad - Sep 18, 2009
- Shreyas Plays Dandiya The Golmaal Way! - Oct 18, 2010
- Godhra Muslims make Dandias for Hindu brethrens during Navrartras - Nov 14, 2007
- Claudia Dances on the Garba beats.. - Oct 16, 2010
- Navratra festivities overcome swine flu scare in Gujarat - Sep 22, 2009
- Gujarat tourism achieving new milestones: Narendra Modi - Jan 11, 2011
- Bharatanatyam, dandia welcome athletes at the Village - Sep 29, 2010
- Kites, feasts, dancing mark Makar Sankranti celebrations (Roundup) - Jan 15, 2012
- Paresh Rawal feted as Canadians call Gujarat India's go-to state - May 09, 2010
Tags: ahmedabad, assembly polls, bigwigs, dance functions, dandia raas, dandiya raas, election commission of india, elections, encouragement, exuberant, festive season, garba, government of gujarat, navaratri festival, organised events, organisers, politicians, traditional dances, vibrant gujarat