Ganesha Chaturthi strengthens communal amity in MoradabadSeptember 1st, 2008 - 9:32 pm ICT by ANI
By Kamna Mathur
Chandausi (Uttar Pradesh), Sep.1 (ANI): Far away from the communal divides and caste and creed factors of Uttar Pradesh, many Muslim sculptors are demonstrating communal amity by making Lord Ganesha idols for the upcoming Ganesh Chaturthi festival.
Scores of Muslim artisans in Chandausi town of Uttar Pradeshs Moradabad district are busy meeting the deadline to supply idols to their Hindu patrons from far and near.
They are focused on sculpting attractive idols of Lord Ganesha, as these idols are required on Vinayak Chaturthi festival, which falls on September 3 (Wednesday) this year.
According to the members of the Muslim community, their involvement in the success of the Mela gives them a great feeling that all religions are equal.
“The Muslim community residing in the Raj Mohalla renders its full support in making of the Ganesha idols. There is no discrimination among the Hindus and the Muslims. We work together all day and night for 15 days,” said Abdul, an artisan.
Saleem, another artisan, said: “We like to make idols. We work together in a way, as we are members of one family. I have been coming here to make tableaux for past 21 years and I like doing it. This year I am making an idol of Hanuman.”
Ganesha is regarded to be the index of all auspicious beginnings.
Hindus, on the other side, are quite appreciative of Muslim sculptors contribution for Ganesh festival and term it to be a perfect example of communal amity that has stood fast in the region for centuries.
“Ganesh Chaturthi Mela has been presenting its wonderful tableaux for a very long time where people from all the religions participate without any hatred and abhorrence. They give free service in making the God’’s idols. They encourage for all to see a wonderful procession of the idols,” said Lala Ganeshi Ram, Vice President, Mela Committee, Chandausi.
- Ganpati Bappa Morya: B-Town wishes Happy Ganesh Chaturthi - Sep 01, 2011
- Maximum city celebrates coming together of religions - Sep 01, 2009
- It's Ganesh Chaturthi, millions welcome elephant god - Sep 01, 2011
- Bengal artisans sculpt Ganesha idols in Karnataka (Feature) (With Images) - Sep 09, 2010
- Fervour, gaiety mark Ganesha, Eid festivities in Karnataka - Sep 11, 2010
- Image of Goa minister with Lord Ganesh irks BJP - Aug 31, 2011
- Tamil Nadu celebrates Ganesh Chaturthi - Sep 01, 2011
- Lord Ganesh's idol in Vizag decorated with vegetables to protest inflation - Sep 12, 2010
- Ganesh Chaturthi, Eid being celebrated today with fervor and gaiety - Sep 11, 2010
- Jim Carrey And NBC Are At The Receiving End From Hindus - Jan 24, 2011
- 'Green blessings' from Lord Ganesha - Sep 06, 2011
- Ganesha comes to capital for 11-day gala - Sep 01, 2011
- Inflation to affect Ganesha festival, high fuel price makes celebrations costly affair - Aug 01, 2010
- Sending Ganesh-Chaturthi greetings, Zed urges Hindus undertake deeper study of scriptures - Aug 16, 2010
- Goa ushers in Ganesh Chaturthi - Sep 01, 2011