Funds crunch hits Kashmir rights panelSeptember 19th, 2011 - 4:39 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 19 (IANS) The State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) of Jammu and Kashmir is facing a serious shortage of funds which is hampering its functioning, an official said Monday.
“One of the members of the commission could not attend the office for over a week because of non-availability of fuel, even though cases were listed before him,” a source in the commission told IANS.
“No funds have so far been made available to us under various heads,” he added.
- Kashmir rights panel defunct for over a month now - Nov 29, 2011
- Rights panel orders arrest of senior Kashmir cop (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Kashmir rights panel orders arrest of senior cop - Dec 20, 2011
- Kashmir panel wants international probe into unmarked graves - Sep 17, 2011
- Notice issued to LAWDA over Srinagar farmhouse - Apr 25, 2012
- Kashmir rights panel headless - Oct 27, 2011
- Exhume unmarked grave in Kashmir: Rights panel - Jul 05, 2012
- Kashmir rights panel headless, cases pile up - Feb 03, 2012
- Separatist shutdown hits life in Kashmir Valley (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Youth succumbs to injuries in Srinagar - Aug 07, 2010
- 'Identify graves of four Westerners killed by Al-Faran' - Apr 06, 2012
- Kakru to head Andhra rights panel - Nov 22, 2011
- Omar releases Rs.200 crore to fight power crisis - Jul 26, 2012
- Geelani shutdown call affects life in Kashmir - May 14, 2011
- Geelani's shutdown call hits life in Srinagar - Jun 11, 2011