Fun and frolic highlights of Lakme India Fashion WeekMarch 9th, 2010 - 1:32 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 9 (ANI): Fun and frolic ruled the day four of the ongoing Lakme India Fashion Week (LIFW) in Mumbai.
Gorgeous and lively models showcased the collection by designers like Purvi Doshi, Shashikant Naidu and debutant Masaba.
Designer Purvi Doshi named her collection ‘Kahchindo’ meaning chameleon in Gujarati and her creations aptly changed the shapes and colours like the chameleon.
“My collection was called ‘Kahchindo’. It’s chameleon in Gujarati, which changes its colours and shapes according to its width. So this is just sinking to have fun with the garments, so I just thought of a garment that can be worn upside down, inside out, side-by-side and give various colour combinations. So it’s more like a new concept and there were all boxes with the use of strings. Just by pulling the string it became a magical garment and you can make sheet out of it or a short skirt, or a long skirt or a long top. Anything and you just have fun draping it,” said Doshi.
Inspired by Hindu Goddess Parvati, designer Shashikant Naidu created his collection by using hand woven garments.
“I called (my) collection ‘Parvati’ and that inspiration is Goddess Parvati and it is all inspired by nature and it is all about the collection of human and nature and I have used all eco-friendly colours and I used completely hand woven stuffs and made the whole collection out of it,” said Shashikant Naidu.
Debutant designer and daughter of television actor Neena Gupta, Masaba’s collection floored the audience with its vibrant colours.
Masaba who has opened her several clothing lines across the country, also designed men’s clothing line for the first time.
she said that creating men’s collection was like a litmus test for her.
“Honestly, I have not ever (never) learnt men’s wear construction in college or anything. So for me doing this was a big challenge and I just basically did whatever… came to my mind. So this for me this was like a litmus test to check whether you liked it or not. So that is why I just did it,” said Masaba.
Bollywood actor Jackie Shroff, actor-turned-director Satish Kaushik, singer Ila Arun and were among the star attractions who watched the lively show.
Lakme Fashion Week, organised twice annually, is being held from March 5-9 and involves events like media seminars, business-to-business meetings and a buyers’ forum, apart from the regular fashion shows.
The event also provides a platform for fresh designers through the Gen Next shows.Around 64 designers are showcasing their creations in this season of the fashion week. (ANI)
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Dhoti-clad Prateik walks the ramp for Masaba - Mar 02, 2012
- Shivan & Naresh, Swapnil Shinde use lasers in LFW show - Aug 07, 2012
- Mandira eager to wear Masaba's outfits after delivery - Mar 12, 2011
- Richa Chadha to walk for Debarun at LFW (With Image) - Jul 27, 2012
- Masaba excited about father Viv's presence at LFW show - Mar 12, 2011
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- Nachiket Barve brings the 'Golden Hour' to LFW ramp - Aug 19, 2011
- Designer presents incomplete collection at LFW - Aug 21, 2011
- Masaba gives sari a twist, adds a pocket - Mar 25, 2010
- 'Shootout At Wadala' inspires designer's gangster-based line - Aug 07, 2012
- Hema, Esha add glamour at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 19, 2011
- Chronicle of fashion foretold: Orange for winter - Apr 19, 2011
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
- All about metal: Siddartha Tytler makes rocking LFW debut - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: chameleon, clothing line, clothing lines, colour combinations, debutant, doshi, gujarati, hindu goddess parvati, india fashion week, lakme india fashion, lakme india fashion week, lifw, litmus test, long skirt, masaba, naidu, neena gupta, short skirt, television actor, woven garments