Fresh batch of 1,395 Amarnath pilgrims leaves Jammu for holy shrineJune 21st, 2009 - 4:53 pm ICT by ANI
Jammu, June 21 (ANI): A fresh batch of 1,395 pilgrims left here on Sunday for their onward journey to the holy Amarnath cave shrine.
The batch comprising 734 men, 305 women, 60 children and 295 sadhus left in 50 vehicles including 31 buses from the base camp at Bhagwati Nagar here at around 4:50 a.m.
With today’s batch, a total of 6090 pilgrims have left Jammu for the cave shrine since the beginning of the Yatra on June 15.
The yatra remained suspended for three days due to bad weather prevailing in Kashmir valley before resuming on June 19.
The Jammu and Kashmir Government and the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) has set up three base camps at Bhagwati Nagar in Jammu, Nunwan in Pahalgam and Baltal for providing food and lodging facilities to pilgrims.
Located in Jammu and Kashmir, the Amarnath caves shrine is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Last year, over 450,000 pilgrims visited the cave. The two month long pilgrimage will conclude on August 5. (ANI)
- Amarnath yatra resumes from Jammu - Jul 30, 2010
- Thousands reach Kashmir base camps for Amarnath Yatra (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Amarnath yatra resumes after three days from Jammu - Jul 25, 2010
- Amarnath yatra suspended for third consecutive day - Jun 18, 2009
- Thousands trek to Amarnath cave for prayers (Lead) - Jun 29, 2011
- 12,000 pilgrims arrive for Amarnath Yatra - Jun 24, 2012
- Amarnath yatra resumes from Jammu - Jun 19, 2009
- Fresh batch of 2083 pilgrims leave for Amarnath - Jul 19, 2010
- Around 500,000 perform Amarnath Yatra - Jul 16, 2012
- All set for Amarnath pilgrimage from June 29 - Jun 25, 2011
- First batch of pilgrims to reach Amarnath Wednesday - Jun 29, 2011
- Amarnath yatra begins - Jun 28, 2011
- 100 post offices to register for Amarnath yatra: SASB - Apr 30, 2012
- Weather improves, Amarnath pilgrims allowed towards shrine (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Governor reviews Amarnath pilgrimage facilities - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: amarnath cave, amarnath pilgrims, bad weather, base camps, buses, caves, holy shrine, jammu and kashmir, jammu and kashmir government, journey, june 21, kashmir, lodging facilities, pahalgam, pilgrimage, sadhus, sasb, shri, shrine board, yatra